Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, the title says it all...

This game although old, looks intriguing for me!

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Nickster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I bought this game in the 1990's when I had a huge board game collection (since all sold)
I played this game a few times then and and since bought another copy to replay.

It is a very good game based on a simple monthly balance sheet of rent, raw materials costs, production costs, sales income, loan interest and factory investment. over a 12 month period players bid on limited supplies of raw materials and then offer a product to a limited market.

There is a flaw in this game which ensures a win. If you make sure you bid highest for the raw and sell your product at the lowest price you will simply bankrupt the other players before the 12 month period is up. Even though you will lose money on every round you still have cashflow which by playing this way will be denied to the others.

A better game is played over 24 months with all players knowing the above strategy - that way its a cut throat game instead of an unsatisfying walkover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dommett
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have the rules, I will try to get them up. I have only played this twice, and the game seemed to reach a tipping point when someone could bankrupt the other players as described above, although I did not know that you could force this by adopting that behaviour from the start. I wonder if that could be tweaked out somehow - one day I will test and report back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.