Subject: Pietalte Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pietalte bears the offering upgrade symbol. One of my players thought that she gives an offering upgrade in addition to the bonus points scored.
I don't think this to be the case (the rules don't say it), but I'm not sure
What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
pethulhu wrote:
Pietalte bears the offering upgrade symbol. One of my players thought that she gives an offering upgrade in addition to the bonus points scored.
I don't think this to be the case (the rules don't say it), but I'm not sure
What do you think?

No, he doesn't. He just give points in scoring equal to your highest offering tile.

I don't think that symbol is an "Offering Upgrade" symbol. It's just an "Offering Tile" symbol.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick is correct in all points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought.
Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Novocin
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Pietalte question also. I was interpreting the tile to be worth at most 4 per scoring round if you have a level 4 sacrifice tile (as many points as your highest tile). BSW gives out more than 4 per epoch for Pietalte, is it that you get more points if you have the highest value twice over (two different 4-valued tiles would give 8 points per scoring round not 4)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Mueller
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I interpreted this as (your highest Offering Tile) x (Number of Pietalte's). So the maximum would be 4 per Pietalte.

In my first play of this with my son, I was banking on scoring some points at game end, and had two of this god, and maxed one of my Offerings to 4.

But 8 points was not enough to come back against my son, who was ending all the rounds and getting a bunch of gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.