Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been trying to make our way through all of our games this year. Today, we primarily played games involving dice.

First Game: Poker Dice

I got a set of poker dice several years ago in a gift set from a friend for my birthday. Also included were a couple of decks of cards, a package of dice, a dice cup, some poker chips, a cribbage board, and a Hoyle. Most everything else has been used at some time or another. I figured a quick game of poker dice would help us on our quest.

In my book of Hoyle, you roll the five poker dice trying to get the best hand. You are allowed three rolls to this with the ability to hold dice out you want to keep. In my rules, the "hands" ranked five of kind, four of kind, full house, three of kind, two pair, one pair, and high die. Strange, but it seems as though a straight should count.

At any rate, my wide proceeded to whip the pants off me. We threw a total of 10 hands and I won two of them. In most of those cases, she whipped me pretty soundly -- rolling fours of a kind and full houses to my two or one pairs. Fortunately, we were not playing for money or other valuables. Unfortunately, the trend would continue.

Final Result:

Christine -- 8 hands
Stephen -- 2 hands

Let's just say that I did not think much of poker dice to begin. You basically take everything out that makes real poker interesting. Sure it can be mindless fun, but so can beating on your little toe with a ball-peen hammer. Total playing time was about 10 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.