Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One review on BGG considers that
Quote:
The beautiful thing is that all the alliances, bluffs and betrayals are not just superimposed on the mechanics, but grow out of them naturally, and quite inevitably, too.

In your experience, does this kind "social" interaction happen also in 3-player games? or is there much more of it in 4-player games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it both ways - though 3 player tends a bit more towards "play your own game". You still have the bluffs - but less of the alliance-y kind of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
I like it both ways - though 3 player tends a bit more towards "play your own game". You still have the bluffs - but less of the alliance-y kind of play.

Agreed. Both have this kind of social interaction. The 4 player game has more of the shifting alliances while the 3 player game tends to be more of a pass the buck on to then next guy interaction (if that makes sense). I think the game is excellent with 3 and slightly better still with 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lebigot wrote:
One review on BGG considers that
Quote:
The beautiful thing is that all the alliances, bluffs and betrayals are not just superimposed on the mechanics, but grow out of them naturally, and quite inevitably, too.

In your experience, does this kind "social" interaction happen also in 3-player games? or is there much more of it in 4-player games?

A caution, I'd say this is pretty group dependent. No alliances, bluffing or betrayals happen when we play, we're just not that type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.