5 Posts

Bonaparte at Marengo» Forums » General

Subject: Error in Play Aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
There's a significant error in the Play Aid just posted here.

In the Play Aid's Movement section, under "Starts Blocking an Approach", a parenthetical note says there is no Command cost to move a group from the approach into reserve in the same locale.

This is only true if enemy units no longer occupy the opposite locale. In all other circumstances, a group must pay a command to move into reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! Right you are. Sorry - I'll fix it tonight and repost it. Anything else while I'm at it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Garry, this is now fixed and the new files have been uploaded. (As I type this, they're not showing up unless you hit "browse all files," but there's always a little time lag on these things.)

The new files have "v3" in the title for version 3. I actually managed to upload a version 2 which attempted to fix the problem but introduced a new error! Hopefully you'll never see that one ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steffan, thanks for these. I found your first version the day before my first game, as I was thinking that I needed to create a player aid for myself and my opponent, but that I'd check the Geek one more time in case someone beat me to it.

Luckily, that error on the first version didn't affect us. I just printed your latest version. Thanks again!

- Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Christopher just found another error in the file, so if you have it, take note:

For reasons that now elude me, I put in that only non-artillery can block a maneuver attack. This is not true. Any eligible piece (i.e., in the reserve) can block a maneuver attack.

If you have a printout of the player aid sheet, simply cross out "non-Arty" in that section. Sorry for the error!

-Steffan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.