Popular Tags: [View All]
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From Aug 4-7 (Thursday - Sunday) I will be at WBC with Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe and Unconditional Surrender! Case Blue set up in the GMT Display area. Please stop by and say hello.

If you are interested in playing the game, let me know. You do not have to commit to playing out the entire war campaign.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WBC went well. USE received some nice comments from players who already pre-ordered to those that didn't even know it existed. If going generated some pre-orders and maybe some playtesters, I'll be quite happy... if only my life and finances allowed for other conventions. It also looks like I may have found a keeper of the VASSAL module, which will open the game back up for those that use only it .

Besides the business end, running through some playtest turns was quite helpful in the game's development. The new strategic warfare rule worked well mechanically, but it still needs a full campaign game test to see how it fairs over all. On the flip side, the 1943 scenario tests showed a flaw which has appeared in some other playtests before WBC.

More specifically, a string of lucky combat successes early in a campaign (especially on the East Front) can unhinge the play balance due to the low counter density. We're working on some ideas to deal with it. One solution we tried at WBC. We ran the Barbarossa opening a few times and it seemed to work well. More testing will be needed before I make it official.

That possible pending change, however, shouldn't stop gamers from giving the game a go with the latest kit.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.