Popular Tags: [View All]
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They rules state to re-shuffle your event decks when depleted. They do not state to re-shuffle the dungeon guardian tokens when depleted.
When the stack is empty, are the dungeons tapped dry for the rest of the game?

I can see this as intentional to limit the VP earned via treasure to force players to actually conquest in CoN rather than dungeon grind in the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
I agree the rules leave this question really ambiguous.
If you were limited to the 30 monsters in the card deck.
That's a total of 20 magic items (for an average of 30VP's)
That would be even more incentve to raid dungeons early, because every magic item you get is one less you opponents can never get.
And once the dungeons are cleaned out, the kampgrupes of heroes would have to go "dungeon raid" an opponents capital.

I will observe that most of the games I have played did recycle guardians beyond 30. However I'm not sure the game actually lasted long enough for those extra guardians to be attacked. i.e. the game usually ends about the same round that the monsters start recycling...

Also, I believe it's established, the rules require "attacks" against empty territory (i.e opponents can play "battle" event cards etc)
And hence you could attack an empty dungeon. No risk, and you still get a magic item...???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No official ruling on what to do with Dungeon Guardians stack if it ever runs out?

1. reshuffle and carry on,

2. no longer drawn, no more Treasure Cards

3. no longer drawn, all Dungeons become "free Treasure Card"

I interpret the rule as Dungeon Guardians must have been defeated to get a Treasure Card, and rules don't say to reshuffle this stack if you ever run out, so concluding #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.