Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What did I watch . . .
I can't help you specifically, other than to say I support these kinds of memory-quests.

In a similar vein, did you ever see the mid-70s anti-drug movie called something like "My Son John is Dead" where the teen protagonist (who ODs at the end), has a secret room accessible via a panel in his closet, where he hides out and gets high all day? I remember thinking that I wanted one of those secret rooms to keep all my games set up and free from the interference of cats and babies.

There was a specific episode of "Tales from the Darkside" that also comes to mind, and probably led to hundred of hours of insomnia for me. By memory, a young woman rents a room in a big house. At night this grotesque creature, who looks like a malformed fetus, creeps into her room via a closet and generally menaces her. The woman ends up killing the creature, only to have her landlord embrace the body, and it is learned that the creature was the landlord's beloved deformed child, kept in a secret network of rooms.

Google wins again (for me, at least). My TftDS ep was directed by Tom Savini, which makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an anthology series in the early 70's called Circle of Fear. I distinctly remember both of those episodes, but for the longest time couldn't remember where they were from. I'm pretty sure that's where they came from.

Correction: Just looked up Circle of Fear on the IMDb. Not the series I was thinking of. Will keep looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: It WAS Circle of Fear! The episode was called "Earth, Air, Fire and Water". Unfortunately, only the first third of that episode is on You Tube:

Your two episode descriptions are actually the same episode. A group of artists rent a warehouse, where they find a set of jars with different colored substances in them. Whatever is in the jars is evil, and begins influencing the artists in disturbing ways, which are reflected in their art. One of the artists is sculpting a statue with the faceless cauliflower face you describe.

Yeah, the ending was pretty disturbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Because . . .

I recently bought the kolchak dvds. I loved that show, growing up. It's still creepier than a lot of today's tv. I remember being on the edge of my seat as he poured salt in the zombie's mouth and stitched it back up. Awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah! I'm guessing DC Fontana wrote the screenplay because Ellison is such a notorious hardass that no one would work with him.

The show was originally called Ghost Story, and was hosted by Sebastian Cabot. About halfway through the series run, they changed the name to Circle of Fear, and dropped Cabot as host.

It bugged me for years that I couldn't find out the name of this and where it came from. Seems my GoogleFu was working today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yeesh, there were a lot of horror anthologies in the 70s, weren't there?

That's for sure! And they all had one thing in common: That cheesy 70's synthesiser background music! Hoo boy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
The worst, yet scariest made-for-TV movie from the 70's had to be "Trilogy of Terror." The nightmares the third act gave me went on for years during my childhood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
berserkley wrote:
The show was originally called Ghost Story, and was hosted by Sebastian Cabot.

You know, I wonder if little 8-year-old Drew was thinking "Oh, he's the nice man who played Mr. French on Family Affair. I'm sure this television show is likewise just fine for kids . . . "

As I recall, this episode was on after Sebastian Cabot left. Probably scared him too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Whoa . . . I need to check this out to see if it starts firing any long-dormant synapses. Was "Ghost Story" an alternate title for Circle of Fear? I vaguely recall the title "Circle of Fear," but I definitely remember the title "Ghost Story." Yeesh, there were a lot of horror anthologies in the 70s, weren't there?

There was a popular movie in the 80's? titled ghost story.
Maybe that's the title you're remembering.

Oh and I heard there's some game with that title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb

All the cool kids watched this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

All the cool kids watched this one.

I watched that movie stoned out of my mind on hash brownies. While trying to act normal so my parents wouldn't suspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
berserkley wrote:
Boo!!!!

Whoa! Is that it? Is that it? That's it! Yes! I can't believe that Chit Chat has solved a childhood mystery! (In the process, freaking me out all over again.)

Suh-weet. It's a face look stuck between morphing from Michael Myers to Jason with a dash of Freddy and General Grievous thrown in.

And yes - the Ghost Story film from the 1980s. Would love to see that again. Wanna check out the ol' Kolchak's but anyone like the new Night Stalker that ran a season (or less)? I was just starting to get into it when it cut out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
Because . . .

Back in the 70s, there were a lot of made-for-television horror movies; most of them awful. Bad Ronald still occupies a place in my brain reserved for childhood nightmares. (Please, someone else here tell me they saw it, too.)

I remember this movie. VERY disturbing. Think it had one of the Brady Bunch girls in it as the family that moved into Ronald's house. Ronald was a geeky kid who had a crush on the local pre-pubescent distributor of Barbie accessories (or some such), but when she made fun of Ronald he killed her with a jawbone (or some such). So his mother builds a hidden room in the house and keeps Ronald from the lawman who was played by Claude Akins (or some such). Then years later his mother dies and a new family moves into Ronald's house where he spies on them making breakfast (or some such).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ludocrazy wrote:
The worst, yet scariest made-for-TV movie from the 70's had to be "Trilogy of Terror." The nightmares the third act gave me went on for years during my childhood.

surprise
Drew, I am NEVER speaking to you AGAIN!!!! You are evil! Evil to the core!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ludocrazy wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ludocrazy wrote:

surprise

You are a bad person. laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludocrazy wrote:

surprise

Let's buy one and mail it to him.
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/horror-contemporary-ite...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.