United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
In an interview with Pandemic designer Matt Leacock, he hinted that a new expansion to Pandemic is in the works. So what would you like to see added?

To kick off I suggest that Leacock look closely at:

Morbidity

End Day 1

End Day 2

Threat Level Six

These decks contain some great ideas, some of which would be nice to see officially implemented.

The other change I would like to see is a revised Epidemiologist... at the very least I'd like to see the art revised. It is awful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
How about something where when you fly somewhere you could accidentally spread a disease to the city you fly to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Mousey wrote:
How about something where when you fly somewhere you could accidentally spread a disease to the city you fly to?

Something similar to the 'CARRIER' card in Threat Level Six, or are you thinking something slightly different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Mousey wrote:

Something similar to the 'CARRIER' card in Threat Level Six, or are you thinking something slightly different?

True, but I was more thinking of a way that you don't know if you are carrying so it would make you afraid to travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mousey wrote:
JoffW wrote:
Mousey wrote:

True, but I was more thinking of a way that you don't know if you are carrying so it would make you afraid to travel.

I was thinking it needs a 'stupid government' event card where a country won't let you in for 2 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
The other change I would like to see is a revised Epidemiologist... at the very least I'd like to see the art revised. It is awful!

I had the opportunity to playtest the expansion with Matt Leacock at Kublacon earlier this year. I can confirm that the Epidemiologist will be revised (both art and power). There are also a bunch of other goodies planned that will really enhance the Pandemic experience. I think this will be a must buy for all Pandemic fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a pharmacist, I would love for my profession to be included, whether or not it was similar to my creation:

True story: While working alone in my hospital one night, soon after 9/11, the CDC called me and told me my ChemPack's temperature was dangerously out of range. I had 15 minutes to correct it. My supervisors never told us we had a ChemPack, and I didn't even know what it was at the time. (It holds a bunch of medications needed in case of a biological terrorist attack.) After some frantic phone calls, I found it and got it back in a good temperature. My heart was racing, and it felt like I was in Mission: Impossible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kinda hoping for a hidden traitor mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:

I really hope not. I know it is popular with some people but to me a hidden traitor is not a true co-op game. IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my top hopes: a box big enough to handle the base game and both expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenM wrote:
monteslu wrote:

I really hope not. I know it is popular with some people but to me a hidden traitor is not a true co-op game. IMHO.

It already stopped being a pure co-op with the bio-terrorist. I was a little let down that the bio-terrorist isn't hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure one of the new roles will give the ability to cure any disease for 5 cards of any color, even non-matching. That's such a no-brainer.

Also glad Epidemiologist is getting revised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Messianic wrote:
I am sure one of the new roles will give the ability to cure any disease for 5 cards of any color, even non-matching. That's such a no-brainer.

Waaaay too powerful. Any 5 cards is a cure? That's a guaranteed cure every few turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
5 city cards of the SAME COLOR but NON MATCHING to the color of the Virus you intend to cure.

You read it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Messianic wrote:
even non-matching.

Messianic wrote:
but NON MATCHING

Even and but imply two different things. The corrected wording does make more sense but I think I'd require 6 or 7 NON MATCHING because thats triple the pool of possibles.

I like the idea though messianic.

@Joffw

Also, thanks for the link to Morbidity in the first post...I hadn't seen Warp's newest...i'll have to add that to my collection as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Tom Lehmann and I are wrapping up the testing of a new Pandemic expansion that we’ve been working on (on and off) for some time now. There’s a new challenge that can be added that changes the way cures are developed as well as some other goodies. Tom’s proved to be an invaluable partner in the development process and it’s been a delight to work with him again.

This is the relevant piece of the interview I saw. Please correct me if there is more hints I missed.

It directly lists a new challenge altering the way cures are developed.

It also says some new goodies. Is goodies just hinting at some fun new cards or could goodies be more non essential yet thematic additions like the petri dishes? If so...what kinds of goodies do you think that may be? What would you like to see? Face masks? Liquid cure vials? name tags? lab coats? etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought (in a completely impractical way) that instead of cubes actually having little plastic minis in the shapes of the virus's would be pretty sweet.

Like red virus would actually be a small clump of the round spongey looking cells, blue would be like a bunch of stacked sausages, etc.

FFG would do something like that, but from a production cost standpoint is not practical, but from an aesthetics viewpoint is a great idea.

I think I fun variant would be perhaps a new board that adds a new colored virus and consequently more cities, city cards, and infection cards to the mix. This however, would be tricky because of the amount of new cities that would be needed. I'd probably say Africa and South America have a lot of room for new yellow spots, and perhaps other colors can be moved around to make room for some new cities that may be a color such as white, if we are going by primary colors and then shades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG.

I almost creamed on myself when I read about the expansion. This is by far one of my favorite games and have been wanting another expansion for some time now, even more after just seeing "Contagion".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more news ever come out on this? I feel like I've been hearing this rumor for a long time with no news ever coming forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:

I'd like an expansion to allow someone to control the virus more than the bio-terrorist so we can have a more interesting everybody vs one guy + the game kinda thing. I have read that the bio-terrorist option isn't all that fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:
One of my top hopes: a box big enough to handle the base game and both expansions.

Hahahaha, it is kind of sick that this was the first thought to come to my mind as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I've been looking to get On the Brink, but now I also want this unannounced one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.