Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be interesting to play this with hidden drafting. You would need to keep your money total and payments secret, and it would of course require honesty. Drafted cards would go to the bottom of your discard pile to hide their identity. The pile of undrafted green cards would be kept facedown, and you could only look at what was left to purchase when deciding to take one. Having a look at the Green cards would commit you to taking one if possible, and use up the action if you could not afford what was left.
Anxiety over enemy plans would be further increased by this rule.

The coins from the Pocketmodel Pirates games are ideal for any game where you need to conceal your money total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haven't seen my copy yet, much less played, but suspect hidden actions would slow the game down for trying to guess at the other players actions. On the other hand, it seems that a universal comment echoes M. Wallace: if the card isn't in your hand, you're not going to be performing an option, so what you're opponent does versus the amount of cards in their deck will give an idea.

In any case I'm going crazy to try the game as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perversely enough perhaps I want to slow the game down... or at least make pursuing the building of villages or cities singlemindedly even more risky. If you don't quite know what military threats might be coming your way until its too late...

I won't actually try this till I have a few more "straight" games played. I am just shooting the breeze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game six times now. Two of those were with the hidden drafting variant. I think it works very well that way, and would encourage others to give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.