Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying...when time allows/work kids real life etc to wrap my head around the rules...takes me a while to grasp...slow...anyways checkout this thread plenty of help here YeGor is the guy to talk to http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5611963#5611963

BTW any help u can throw re playing this game solo...maybe an illustrated AAR or a breakdown of how to play will be much appreciated thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been playing for a while, since I'm waiting for the new cards to arrive. But I do enjoy the solo rules as they are. I haven't devised any quests (nor do I play the new LOTR game). As to the goal of reaching a certain amount of MPs - as long as I get 20+ in one go (and I always play in one go, 1 deck, that is), the objective is reached.
If you like, I could check in the books for a specific, goal-oriented scenarios and get back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found a couple of solo scenarios in the Casual Companion. I have them scanned right now. PM me your e-mail address and I will send them to you when I'm done with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[/q wrote:
"

[q="From one new guy to another, this is my best advice: "The MECC_cheat_sheet" is a great player aid in the files section, if you haven't already seen it. I have played with this on hand every time so far, and it has helped me a lot. Whenver I feel lost I just find my place in the turn sequence and reorient. Also, I don't know if you have used the chellenge decks, but I think starting with those has helped me ease into the game. The challenge decks instructions come with guidance for starting companies, a strategy for resources and hazards, as well as suggestions for sites to get your items played. It provides some "hand-holding" for me to help me as I figure out what I'm doing. The last thing I can pass on that has been helpful to me is not worrying too much about getting rules wrong as I play through it. For example, I wasn't too worried about tapping sites my first few times. (I mean, if Aragorn and Arwen wanted to run back through Edoras to pick up a young Noble Steed, they ought to be able to -tap or no tap!)
In other words, if something did not make sense to me or seemed cumbersome while I was learning all of the rules, I might just temporarily skip it or do what made sense to me at the moment so that I could get start getting a feel for the game without extensive knowledge of the entire rule set. I don't know if this is the best way to learn, but I think this approach has helped me to enjoy the game more while learning it.
I hope that helps!
"

Many thanks! Excellent, this helps a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just starting to learn..it's a little daunting...but I know it will be worth it! Solo is what I will mainly be playing so I'm looking at getting the rules down and playing.

Thanks for the solo thoughts I will be trying them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 11 scenarios in The Wizards Companion. A book published by I.C.E. 15 years ago.

They all function as quests. They give you what cards to put in your deck (some specific, some general) and give you the victory conditions.

One of the scenarios is specifically solitaire, but all of them can be played that way. Just key the hazards to the scenario.

You may be able to build one of the scenario decks with the cards in your challenge decks.

You can find the book on E-bay or Amazon (it is on Amazon, used, for $7 + shipping right now). Be aware, the Player Guides do not have these scenarios. There is another book, A Long-Expected Party that also has scenarios. This is much harder to find.

These may also inspire you to create your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this subforum about solitaire scenarios on the CoE forums:

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=88&sid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.