League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy Folks,

Tried a third game of this tonight, brand new opponent this time. We tried getting a third to join us, but was not able, so another 2 player version it was.

This time Dragon Vs Phoenix and....of course more questions:

Isawa Kyoto (experienced version): Quote "She pacifies the enemy." is listed as an effect. That word is not mentioned even once in the entire rule book according to my Ctrl-F search. We assumed it was a meaningless statement and just did the statements directly after: "Move him Home...etc"

Ring of Fire: Is an "action" only either a Limited, Open or Battle action? We assumed you canot put it into play by destroying a personality during Battle Resolution.

If the above is true, then the Dragon Player has only 6 cards (three each of "Fist and Blade" & "The Wrath of Osano-Wo"), and has to have two of them in his hand and use them on the same turn to get the Ring of Fire into play? Quite the feat.

A Warrior's Wisdom: Does this "stack"? If a Personality gets this put on him twice, does he now have Force + Chi + Chi = Total Force?

Togashi Chiko: My Opponent put two of these guys on the attack at one Battlefield, I could not oppose them for various reasons. There were a few other Battlefields that were opposed. Can my opponent select their battlefield first, trash my province unopposed, then bow them, send them home, then have them join another battlefield? The rules do say that the cards are allowed to break the rules (First Cardinal Rule: in red on page 11) but can they break the movement rule on page 26: A Personality who has already been in an attacking army during a Battle Resolution in the current Attack Phase will not move to a battlefield"? We ruled "Yes"...but it seemed awfully powerful. These guys could easily be Province destroying machines...possibly 2 Provinces a turn.

All in all a fun third game. It was a very close game, the Phoenix just barely won. Not the third strike, but my new opponent did say he was not really smitten with the game: "There are just so many really well designed card games around to play, seems like a waste of time to have to fight with the cards and rules to play this one." Owie.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. kempy .
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
Howdy Folks,
A Warrior's Wisdom: Does this "stack"? If a Personality gets this put on him twice, does he now have Force + Chi + Chi = Total Force?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the Ring of Flame and only have 6 cards that both need to be in your hand --- Dragon has several things to help that. Many Dragon cards draw cards, which helps get what you need. More to the point though, proper use of the stronghold (drawing from the bottom, looking at the top card and choosing to bottomdeck it) helps get at what you need when you need it, likewise with the Open Fortress tile. There are also some cards in the Dragon deck that let you look at the top few cards, rearrange them and draw a card... see where this is going? Dragon has to employ liberal deck manipulation techniques in order to get the rings, get the tools to play the rings and play them.

Also Chiko cannot break that rule. The rule states that Personalities who have been in a battle that resolved will not move to battlefields that turn -- Chiko's action moves him, but does not state that he can move to a battlefield if he has already participated in resolution (that would be the wording required to break that rule).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, thanks for all the replies folks!

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.