Subject: Is the iPod/ipadversion available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find this in the app store. They say to download it in iTunes but I didn't find anything but podcasts there. Has the app ever been available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the old link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id352024673?uo=4&mt=8&at=10la...

but it is not working. The company went under so I guess the app got pulled. I thought I had read that the servers were sold off anyway, and there was no way to play this game without connecting to the servers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Torres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
The app was pulled after the collapse of bastion.

The company has since reformed, but is moving along slowly. The iOS apps are not currently available. It is my understanding they will be available again.

However, the game is still available to play using a computer. I played three games just last night and even tried out the soon to be released demon figures. (you can activate trial units as well)

The servers have not been sold and are not needed to play games. Servers keep track of experience, items and leveling. The servers also run the tools for creating army lists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't the servers also used for combat resolution?

Did something else change with the restructuring? The common complaint I always read about the game was that there was no way to play without connectivity to the servers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is partially true. Your program needs to connect to the server to download you and your opponents' army lists. Once done, you can continue to play games for as long as possible without any connection to the server. After each game, your program will send the results back to the server to keep track of the scores. Every time you make a new army list, you need to download to use the new list. If the server is gone and you did not download you and your friends' army list beforehand, then you cannot play the game.

The latest version of the program V1.3 has been released. Unfortunately, it will take awhile to get into the mac version. I vaguely recalled someone in the official forum that they are able to keep the server for >8 years. Don't quote me on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Terray
msg tools
Hi,

Anyone out there know of some way to get hold of the iPhone app now? I just got the starter set and am amazed by the minis! Really want to try to play the game but still can't find the iPhone app anywhere.

Also, does anyone know if I can actually purchase the models from the Ex Illis website's store, or is there nobody there to ship them? The store and the shopping cart all seem to still work. Payment is through PayPal.

Thanks!

Caleb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.