Subject: A clan is a card, tied tiebreaker & the discard pile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game. Before I introduce it to friends I want to be sure I have the rules down.

1. A clan is a card

In the rules does the word clan always mean card? For example, Discard one other clan in this skirmish means discard a single card from the skirmish (yours or another's), right? When I first read the rules I was reading clan as bloodline/suit (e.g. Clan Wemyss), but clan as card makes more sense.

2. Tied tiebreaker

The rules say:

If there is ever a tie between two or more lords, the lord who controls the highest ranking clan wins the tie.

If the answer to question 1 is yes, what do you do if there's a tie between two players who each control a 12 card?

3. The discard pile

Should the discard pile be face-up or face-down and if the former should players be allowed to look through it?

Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Just got the game. Before I introduce it to friends I want to be sure I have the rules down.

1. A clan is a card

In the rules does the word clan always mean card? For example, Discard one other clan in this skirmish means discard a single card from the skirmish (yours or another's), right? When I first read the rules I was reading clan as bloodline/suit (e.g. Clan Wemyss), but clan as card makes more sense.

Yes - a clan is a card.

Quote:
2. Tied tiebreaker

The rules say:

If there is ever a tie between two or more lords, the lord who controls the highest ranking clan wins the tie.

If the answer to question 1 is yes, what do you do if there's a tie between two players who each control a 12 card?

The rank is the little number in the top right of the card - and no two are the same.

Quote:
3. The discard pile

Should the discard pile be face-up or face-down and if the former should players be allowed to look through it?

Thanks for any help.

I think players should be allowed to look through the discards - not sure if it's written in the rules...

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that you've told me I see it right there under "1. Rank..."

Still, the terms are confusing when a clan is a card, but a bloodline has the word clan in it, e.g. Clan Forsyth.

Thanks for the clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Now that you've told me I see it right there under "1. Rank..."

Still, the terms are confusing when a clan is a card, but a bloodline has the word clan in it, e.g. Clan Forsyth.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Agreed. My one complaint about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.