Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During a siege, when one side plays the coehorns card. does it only apply to one die role, or the entire siege? In other words, if the defender uses it on the siege table, does he not get to use it in an assault roll? Even if the assault role is played in the same action phase as the siege roll? What about in another siege roll if the first one is not sufficient to lead to an assault?

I realize there are abstractions in the game, but it begs the question, where did the coehorns and howitzers go? Is there an ammunition shortage so that they can only be used once? I am not aware of any battle in the French & Indian War where they were present but did not fire because of ammunition shortages, but then I am no expert on the French & Indian War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

The card is only active for the current activation.

So it can be used both for the siege roll, and for an assault roll if it follows immediately.

Not sure why only good for one activation. It could be due to surprise effect, there may be things the enemy can do to minimize their effect later in the siege. Allowing coehorns to effect the entire siege might make them more effective than they were historically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Randy C on this one. This is a good question. One rule I never fully understood. The "and/or" on the card confirmed it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.