Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read it correctly the on line version of the rules says that you can use a merchant action to generate cash from any number of (other) cards with a monetary value, but the printed rules only allow for using 1 or 2 other cards.

Anyone know which is correct?

Thanks in advance

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Merchant - no of money cards allowed?
The rules clearly say 1 or 2 gold cards for a Merchant action. A different action is Take money, where you can only use 1 gold location card. Its Trader where you can use any number of cards, but thats of fur cards not gold cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Horne
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Merchant - no of money cards allowed?
There must have been a couple of last minute Playtest changes because I've spotted a couple of differences between the rules I downloaded a few weeks ago and the printed rules. The difference mentioned above is one, the other difference in the printed rules is, you can only have a maximum of FIVE cards in Reserve, it's not unlimited as it says in the online rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantuanwar wrote:
The rules clearly say 1 or 2 gold cards for a Merchant action.

The printed rules supplied with the game say this, the downloadable rules on the Treefrog site say otherwise - hence the question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Horne
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I assume, for both the differences, Merchants and Reserve, the printed rules are the ones to follow, because I guess these reflect last minute changes made during testing. The online rules were posted weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baron B wrote:
I assume, for both the differences, Merchants and Reserve, the printed rules are the ones to follow, because I guess these reflect last minute changes made during testing. The online rules were posted weeks ago.

that seems logical but it would be good to have an answer from Martin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baron B wrote:

So you're assuming it takes less time to change a document that needs to be printed, shipped, inserted in a box, and shipped than an online publication?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
So you're assuming it takes less time to change a document that needs to be printed, shipped, inserted in a box, and shipped than an online publication?

I expect he's assuming that the Treefrogs have been a little busy lately and haven't gotten around to updating the online rulebook to correct a couple of very minor changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
Baron B wrote:

that seems logical but it would be good to have an answer from Martin...

Martin has stated in the following thread that the printed rules take precedence over the online rules:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/678338/online-rulebook-v...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.