Dust Tactics» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Operation SeeLowe Thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Johnson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here are my thoughts about the new Operation Seelowe expansion for Dust Tactics;

I picked up Operation SeeLowe along with several other expansions last Thursday night; Medium walkers, Light Walkers, Command Squads, Sniper/Observers and Operation Cyclone. (picked up 1 of each for each faction but 2 of the light walkers)

After painting all my axis troop figures (base game + expansions listed above + 1 more squad of recon + tank hunter squad) I played a game Saturday night. We didn't do a scenario, just a battle with all the troops, robots and heroes I had:
Axis
*HEROES
Sigrid Von Thaler 20
Manfred 16
Markus 20
WALKERS
Ludwig 40
Luther 35
Lothar 36
Heinrich 26
Hermann 26
SQUADS
Laser Grenadiers 27
Battle Grenadiers 21
Recon Grenadiers 16
Recon Grenadiers 16
Tank Killers 22
Kommandotrupp 40
Sniper Grenadiers 10
Beobachter 5

Allies
*HEROES
Bazooka Joe 18
Rosie 20
Ozz 117 24
WALKERS
Pounder 40
Hot Dog 36
Steel Rain 38
Wildfire 24
Honey 28
SQUADS
BBQ Squad 30
The Gunners 20
The Recon Boys 15
The Recon Boys 15
Bot Hunters 22
The Boss 40
Crack Shots 10
13 Foxtrot 5

I played as the Axis and won a decisive victory (everyone knows painted troops fight harder).

My thoughts: Wow! The buildings in Operation SeeLowe add so much to the game! It was the most fun I've had playing Dust Tactics so far. It also might be the first purchase in my life where I know that I payed far far to much for something but yet really enjoyed it and could not be happier with my purchase. Even my opponent who lost pretty badly said it was the most fun he's ever had playing Dust Tactics.

A side note: the new Hero Ozz is wicked, movement 2 with jump so he can fly over buildings, so sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozz was pretty bad ass in the game we used him in too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Icey10 101
msg tools
I am scared when the ape and oz get their respective squads. Markus is a beast alone.

This past weekend we played a game using buildings and such also...it was really crazy how long infantry can last with tons of cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Johnson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Icey101 wrote:
I am scared when the ape and oz get their respective squads. Markus is a beast alone.

This past weekend we played a game using buildings and such also...it was really crazy how long infantry can last with tons of cover.

In my game Markus killed a squad of Recon and the BBQ squad on his own. The BBQ squad rolled the worst I've ever seen though, only scoring 3 hits with all their weapons + knife and grenade then Markus hit back and killed 3 of them.

Ozz kicked the crap out of Manfred leading a recon Squad on his own as well because of his heroic attack ability. It's so hard to position your troops against Ozz because he can move so fast and over buildings.

Does anyone know how to use artillery with buildings? We played that you couldn't target someone in a building with indirect fire but I don't think it says so in the rule book. We did this more for thematic reasons than anything else, I mean supposedly the artillery is coming almost straight down on top of the troops and I figure there is a roof there even if they are standing at an exit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, I have had that happen before, there was one game where my BBQ squad was not hitting anything!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The artillery rules do say that you cannot use Range A weapons inside buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Johnson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
The artillery rules do say that you cannot use Range A weapons inside buildings.

Yes but it's referring to firing the artillery, not it hitting someone.

"Artillery weapons (range A) can never be used inside buildings! They would hit the
ceiling before having the chance to reach an enemy!
For this reason, when you play a scenario that takes place inside a base (grey tiles),
you cannot use any weapons with range A. No wise artilleryman would ever take
such a risk."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.