United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
From the Stronghold Games Newsletter:

Stronghold Games is pleased to announce the licensing of the North American release of David Ausloos' Panic Station.

Fans of Stronghold Games will recognize David's name from his previous artwork on our releases of Survive: Escape from Atlantis! and Confusion: Espionage and Deception in the Cold War.

This also marks the first game in Stronghold's "Ally Line", a series of games dedicated to projects undertaken in conjunction with some great fellow publishers from abroad. Panic Station comes to our shores courtesy of a collaboration between Stronghold Games and White Goblin Games.

Panic Station is a paranoia-driven cooperative game in which you control two characters in the Extermination Corps sent out by the government to investigate the presence of fiendish alien life forms. Players move both their Androids and Troopers through the base, exploring and gathering equipment that will help them to complete their mission: to find and destroy the Parasite Hive hidden somewhere in the inner depths of this doomed location. A player who gets his Trooper into the Hive and plays three gas can cards to fuel his Flamethrower wins the game for the humans.

However, one of the players will become a Host. He must keep this identity secret, infecting as many team members as possible to gain allies and prevent the humans from completing their mission. Only players who carefully watch the behavior of team members will stand a chance against the infected players and roaming parasites.

Panic Station is a game of growing paranoia in which no one can truly trust anyone. Can you maintain your sanity and destroy the source of this evil?

"We're very excited to be working with the talented David Ausloos and the wonderful folks at White Goblin Games to bring this game to North America," commented Kevin Nesbitt, "We could not let our customers miss out on such an excellent game."

Panic Station will be available in North America in November with limited preorders starting as early as September. The MSRP of Panic Station is set at $29.95.

Exciting News!

LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Panic Station to be released by Stronghold Games in December!
Thanks for posting this!

A quick correction to your title: We expect to have this on North American retail shelves for November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that is epic... So excited to hear this!

Stronghold is really making a name for themselves in a very short time. My local Barnes and Noble already has copies of Survive and Code 777 on the shelf... These guys continue to impress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
Thanks for posting this!

A quick correction to your title: We expect to have this on North American retail shelves for November.

Oh gosh! I hope it's in time for BGG.CON so I can play it over and over and over again throughout the con until I'm sick of it (like I did with 7 Wonders last year!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold has done an amazing job with everything I have seen from them, and I was excited about Panic Station to begin with. Auto-buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to read this. Panic Station is one of my must-buys for 2011.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Odum
United States
Holdenville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thirty dollars is an excellent price! Hopefully shipping won't be too bad. The nearest game shop that I know of is over an hour and a half away from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NicciAdonai wrote:
Thirty dollars is an excellent price! Hopefully shipping won't be too bad. The nearest game shop that I know of is over an hour and a half away from me.

It's Stronghold, so I imagine every retailer from funagain.com to amazon will have it. I wouldn't suspect shipping will be a problem anywhere in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats David!

I'm really looking forward to watching Carpenter's The Thing until PS is released. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Sorry about that. Was too excited by the news to get it right.

Header fixed for the thread.

LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastalchemist wrote:
Sorry about that. Was too excited by the news to get it right.

Header fixed for the thread.

LA

Oh, believe me, I understand. We're excited too! No better way to be SURE to get a copy for one's self than licensing the whole publication, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
otrex wrote:
Thanks for posting this!

Oh gosh! I hope it's in time for BGG.CON so I can play it over and over and over again throughout the con until I'm sick of it (like I did with 7 Wonders last year!)

Yes, it should be available at BGG.Con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Odum
United States
Holdenville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Raid1280 wrote:
What's really weird is the little asterisk next to the 30.00 in my budget.

It says this:

*30.00 may or may not be an accurate estimate for this item. If the game is playable with multiple sets this number will increase incrementally based on players per game.

So basically if I can throw two sets together and have Uber Panic Station....that number will be bumped automatically.

ninja So Mr. Ausloos... can Raid1280 do this? Cause if he can... WE ALL CAN!!! YEAHHHH!!!! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmabuse00 wrote:
Congrats David!

I'm really looking forward to watching Carpenter's The Thing until PS is released. laugh

Heh...have you heard about the upcoming prequel in October?

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2985204761/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited about this release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.