Dominant Species» Forums » Rules

Subject: Evolution card when 3 playing with two animals each rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Situation: me and a couple of friends are playing DS with two animals each (a variant I like significantly more than the regular one animal each). So 3 players and 6 animals. Then the Evolution card comes up, saying you are allowed to replace 2 opposing species with your own, but the 2 must belong to two different players.

Now, the wording obviously apply to the regular variant with 1 animal / player. In the 2 animals / player variant
1. do we apply it literally, so I may only replace 1 species belonging to player A and another belonging to player B with my own, or
2. am I allowed to attack only player A replacing one species of each of his 2 animals with my own?

I'm leaning to choice #1, but I'd like to be sure about this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant you are playing clearly states: "When one of a player's animals is acting, his other animal(s) and their species are considered "opposing" for all purposes (exactly as if they were controlled by an opposing player)"

So for Evolution you can choose from any two of the other five (non-acting) animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if there's ever a future edition, just change the text on that card to "must belong to two different animals" rather than "must belong to two different players".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if there's ever a future edition, maybe insert a FAQ that says, "Read the rules. Really, your answer is in there."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry, I've missed that. And I did read the manual, more than once, as well as the faq around here, and I've played 10+ games by now.
Thanks Chad, and sorry again for taking your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, Don. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.