Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignoring interception, an an infiltrating auxiliary infiltrate through two enemy occupied spaces to reach a third empty space if moving by land and the first infiltrated space is a cultivated space? The infiltration rules refer to the unit having sufficient movement points, but the land movement rules require an auxiliary stop in the space after entering a cultivated space.

It would seem that the presence of an enemy unit in a cultivated space would not cancel the land movement rule, Therefore, if the only adjacent spaces are occupied, the auxiliary unit could not infiltrate the cultivated space since it would be unable to enter the adjacent spaces, regardless of remaining movement points. That would mean that two rows of stockades, where the first row was in cultivated spaces, would stop infiltration. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not agree. It is legal for an auxiliary to end in a stockade space. So the example above would not stop infiltration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized my example was wrong becasue of the use of stockades. However, if forts were used instead, then it would prevent raids and infiltration by land, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.