8 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Season of the Witch» Forums » Rules

Subject: A Deadly Lock. spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
There is an auto-kill lock. Two question. Does the Lock stay on after revealing, and does the Investigator die in the room with the lock, or the roomo he is entering from. Important for recovering items

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you die in the room you came from. cuz you never got in the room. and it goes away after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
troyboy81 wrote:
you die in the room you came from. cuz you never got in the room. and it goes away after that.

Why do you think it goes away? There is no discard condition, and reading the text on the card looks pretty permanent. What on the card or in the rules leads to a discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i guess it's stays then. but if you can't get rid of a lock you never got in the room so you still die outside of it. i just got it so haven't played it yet but if the plot leads to whats in that room i would think it goes away after it is used once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Both story options with that Lock are a hoax, namely that there is that Lock + 2x Nothing of Interest in the room IIRC devil . Serves those stack counters right, thinking it must be an interesting room with a Lock + 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unfortunate this scenario doesn't have Uncontrollable Urges as a Keeper Action. I would SO be trying to fake the investigators into thinking it is an important room by moving them away from the room and taunting them like "nah, you won't enter and explore it next turn" devil .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
A partial answer from FFG. I still don't have an answer about whether the Lock stays on

"When a lock kills a player, he usually dies outside of the room. The only exception to this is "Green Eyed Boy" where an investigator entering the room triggers the end of the game."

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
VP of R&D
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.