Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a new English edition with metallic coins like the new French one anytime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
The French edition doesn't have metallic coins - they look more or less metal on the picture, and I thought they were before getting a few copies, but they're still plastic. I'd love to see an edition with metallic coins some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
The French edition doesn't have metallic coins - they look more or less metal on the picture, and I thought they were before getting a few copies, but they're still plastic. I'd love to see an edition with metallic coins some day.

Thanks for the info! I own the Hungarian edition and thought that I should also get an English one once there is enough difference to warrant it.

So this means that the new French edition is not different from the third English edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yasir Alam
Malaysia
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow. Seeing Bruno Faidutti answer a citadels related posted just made my day. =)

Citadels definitely ranks as my favorite board game of all time at the moment, and probably not going to be dethroned any time soon.

As far as the coins go, I think metallic coins would be totally epic, but the little plastic pieces in the FFG small box edition suits me fine, I especially like that the material has this marbling and glittering effect. But hearing the Strepsil joke repeated every time I play with new people gets old though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
ymala1 wrote:
But hearing the Strepsil joke repeated every time I play with new people gets old though.

Strepsil? I usually get butterscotch candy jokes.
But I like the money as is too, butterscotch and all. Kind of like the Through The Desert pastel camels, it's part of the quirkiness of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.