Red Poppies: WWI Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Red Poppies / Deluxe detail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am waiting for the next generation Red Poppies Deluxe and then I discover that although it is the complete game plus expansions it will not feature tanks. So how does RPD really compare if it is NOT the full original? Does this mean to do WW1 properly I have to buy both the original RP as well as RPD? gulp arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RP Deluxe is to be a specific historical situation, from the Somme, I think. So no tanks at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Pariseau wrote:
RP Deluxe is to be a specific historical situation, from the Somme, I think. So no tanks at that point.

OK, thanks - so then to do WW1 do I need to get RP and what will RPD give me as extra to RP?

Of course tanks were first used during the Battle of the Somme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hammurabi70 wrote:
Peter Pariseau wrote:

Of course tanks were first used during the Battle of the Somme.

Well, I did not know that!

And apparently I was wrong as to the battle; it seems to cover the Ypres Salient. There's a bit more info starting here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@597.Y3KwcuGnxCO.112@.1dd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Red Poppies Campaign (formerly called Red Poppies Deluxe) is Red Poppies with: a larger map, more pieces and linked scenarios. The first Red Poppies Campaign (RPC) module will cover the battles for Ypres. RPC really opens up the battlefield and gives you opportunities to plan battles that span several days or nights. It adds another dimension to regular Red Poppies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkowskij wrote:
Red Poppies Campaign (formerly called Red Poppies Deluxe) is Red Poppies with: a larger map, more pieces and linked scenarios. The first Red Poppies Campaign (RPC) module will cover the battles for Ypres. RPC really opens up the battlefield and gives you opportunities to plan battles that span several days or nights. It adds another dimension to regular Red Poppies.

So if I want the game I buy the original RP?

RPC really opens up the battlefield and gives you opportunities to plan battles that span several days or nights.

Maybe but it only has the details relevant to those battles whereas RP provides details for MGs, tanks, gas, air support, artillery throughout the war and son on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about the Deluxe edition? I almost bought the current edition, but it seems better to wait...

[EDIT:

John Gorkowski explained to me about the Campaigns edition - a stand-off, with other maps, counters, everything is different. Two independent games using the same system!

Just bought the "original" Red Poppies. Smaller maps, short fight, my type of game!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Andersen
Denmark
Valby
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original - an still only - Red Poppies is a great buy in its own right.

Remarkable simulation and a fun and tense game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.