Hide
5 Posts

Rallyman» Forums » Variants

Subject: Adding 'mud spray' to solo tracks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just an idea, which I'm sure some of you have already had, to further 'mix up' a track when playing it solo (and so it's not always pristine!):

after setting up the race (and determining whether each board is under snow, or not, if using that option), simply roll a D4-1 for each and every shortcut to see how many cars have taken that before you. Then draw that number of 'K' cards for the shortcut in question, and place any mud tokens for any mud result (only - i.e ignore any 'flat tyres' of 'OK' cards) on the corner. Don't forget to re-shuffle all K cards before beginning the race!

Example: a track has 3 shortcuts. For the first, the roll comes up as 2, so only 1 card is drawn: a flat tyre card, which is ignored. For the second shortcut, the roll comes up as 4, so 3 cards are drawn: all 3 are 'OK' cards. For the third (and last) shortcut, a 3 is rolled, so 2 cards are drawn: both are mud, so 2 mud markers are placed on the corner (lowering it's max speed by that amount)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you only run one car when you play solo?
I would run at least 4 cars, which doesn't make it neccasary for me to draw cards in advance.

But if you only run one car, I don't see why you system shouldn't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Welc
Poland
Wrocław (Vratislavia)
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmcke013 wrote:
simply roll a D4-1 for each and every shortcut to see how many cars have taken that before you. Then draw that number of 'K' cards for the shortcut in question, and place any mud tokens for any mud result (only - i.e ignore any 'flat tyres' of 'OK' cards) on the corner. Don't forget to re-shuffle all K cards before beginning the race!

Wouldn't it be simplier to roll a few (ex. 4) Accelleration dice and place as many mud tokens as many hazards were rolled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was more or less what I did for Driving school.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This was more or less what I did for Driving school.

Cool! Great minds think alike ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.