Galaxy Trucker» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adventure Cards set up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rules [+] [View All]
Earl Leonardo

Philippines
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please explain to me how to set up the adventure cards for the full game? Can you do it in very plain english-the rulebook really confuses me.

Also, how much starting credits do players start with?

Thanks!sobluecry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The graphical display is meant to help you. If you look at the board, there are 3 piles of cards you can look at and one pile that will be a surprise.

So look at the main board. The card shows two I's under the spaceship with a I. You will create 4 piles of 2 cards all from teh I deck. You may look at 3 of these piles during the set up and the 4th pile will be a secret.

Before you start the game, these 4 piles will be shuffled together.

Now look at the card that had the II Ship on it. Below it, you see a pile of two II's and one I. So each of the four piles will have 3 cards, two from the II deck and one from the I deck. Again, 3 piles can be looked at while building your ship, the 4th is a mystery. Before starting your flight, shuffle the 4 piles together to come up with an event deck of 12 cards.

Now for the III Phase, again 4 piles. Each pile has two III's and one each of II and I. So when you shuffle them together, you will have a deck of 16. Half of which are Deck III events, and 1/4 each of Decks II and I.

I have to double check on credits at the beginning. I didn't think you received any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Leonardo

Philippines
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian.
Maybe this time our ships will make it back from space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And after the shuffling a card of the current phase (I, II, III) has to be on the top (first to draw).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The graphical display is meant to help you. If you look at the board, there are 3 piles of cards you can look at and one pile that will be a surprise.

So look at the main board. The card shows two I's under the spaceship with a I. You will create 4 piles of 2 cards all from teh I deck. You may look at 3 of these piles during the set up and the 4th pile will be a secret.

Now look at the card that had the II Ship on it. Below it, you see a pile of two II's and one I. So each of the four piles will have 3 cards, two from the II deck and one from the I deck. Again, 3 piles can be looked at while building your ship, the 4th is a mystery. Before starting your flight, shuffle the 4 piles together to come up with an event deck of 12 cards.

Now for the III Phase, again 4 piles. Each pile has two III's and one each of II and I. So when you shuffle them together, you will have a deck of 16. Half of which are Deck III events, and 1/4 each of Decks II and I.

I have to double check on credits at the beginning. I didn't think you received any.

Thank you for such a detailed explanation. It helped me by not having to make a post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen
Denmark
Farum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. It really helped me understand how to set the adventure deck up.

Cheers
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.