Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Gardner
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off is a simple question which do most people perfer for the socerer haveing them know the wolf's identies or not.

Second what do you think of my verison of the aprentice seer he/she wakes up with the seer and sees who they pick and the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandlewood99 wrote:
First off is a simple question which do most people perfer for the socerer haveing them know the wolf's identies or not.

I've played it both ways, and having her know the wolves gives a significant bonus to them (it's another player who won't move towards nominating/voting for the wolves). If she knows who the wolves are she is also less likely to just blurt out "I'm the sorcerer and X is the Seer" when she learns it, because she can be useful to continue to protect the wolves from lynching. But it's pretty easy to indicate who the Seer is otherwise directly to the wolves. And if the Sorcerer is sitting next to a wolf, she can just lean over and say "I'm the sorcerer, I know you're a wolf" and then the wolves will never accidentally kill her at night.

So I'm in favor of the Sorcerer NOT knowing, but if the werewolves in your games are getting caught and killed all the time, give it a shot to teach the village some respect. whistle

Sandlewood99 wrote:
Second what do you think of my verison of the aprentice seer he/she wakes up with the seer and sees who they pick and the result.

The "Eye of the Beholder" artifact in the just-announced Ultimate Werewolf Artifacts gives the player who holds it that very ability you are describing. Of course, the bad news is that everyone knows that this player has that ability, so they're going to be a target of the wolves very soon. The good news is that they can convey information to the village every day they survive without putting the Seer at risk (and if they *are* a target of the wolves, they've given the Seer another night to stay alive).

Of course, if a wolf happens to get the Eye of the Beholder, things are not going to go well for the villagers, as the werewolves will kill the Seer that night. Of course, the village might retaliate by lynching that player, but at that point it's all indirect, circumstantial evidence and many players could argue their way out of that.

Back to your role, what it really means is that you have two seers, but only one of them is making choices at night. That's a huge advantage for the village, and the Apprentice Seer could then prevent the Seer from getting lynched while having ALL of the information that the seer had at the time of the real seer's death.

In the just-announced Ultimate Werewolf: Night Terrors, the Beholder role has a very limited version of this. She simply knows who the Seer is, but not the Seer's picks. That allows her to protect and trust the Seer, but not know the picks and results of those picks (it's up to the Seer to be super clever about conveying that information).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandlewood99 wrote:

I prefer the Sorcerer and the Cultist (or Minion or Possessed or whatever you want to call it; the evil role that knows the wolves but isn't one) to be separate, unless it's a complex game where several roles have mutliple powers. Often, though, I just won't have any non-wolf evils at all unless I think they're necessary for balance.

I'd say a Cultist is stronger than a Sorcerer,usually, and obviously a Sorcerer-Cultist is stronger still. A Cultist is a useful halfway-point for certain player numbers, when the evil team is too weak but adding another wolf would be too much. With eleven players, for example, two wolves and a Cultist is a good fit.

Sandlewood99 wrote:

Very strong. You assure that the Seer's views will be given out, and you make it much harder for the evil team to counterclaim. Not all-out broken, but helps good a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.