Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this, but haven't really looked through it much yet. Noticed they added 18 or 24 new Cult encounter cards, but nothing (that I could see) to improve the chances of using them! What gives? Do a bunch of the new encounter cards use Cult membership or Corruption cards in their event text?

It makes sense to me that they would do something analogous to what they did for King in Yellow (the new Act cards are a clear improvement), but obviously that didn't happen. Maybe I'll just resort to a house rule and give everyone a membership and an extra clue token at the beginning of the game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That question crossed my mind as well when pawing through a friend's copy of the expansion.

I'm starting to think the cult encounters should be either moved to other locations on the board or rule that players who are one of the thousand cannot enter gates in cult locations, instead drawing an encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Richer
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth:

My first and only play of this expansion saw the first time anyone has gotten one of the Black Goat memberships, and it happened in Dunwich no less!

They do have some cross over cards and I think they did quite well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are more encounters that make you a member, some of which are on expansion boards.

There's a skill card that makes you a member when you draw it and lets you draw two/choose one when having Cult encounters.

There's a Relationship card which allows you to take a cult/lodge/gang membership (also some other things like bank loans and maybe even retainers) any time your partner does (not including setup).

Also, there are more encounters which cause you to draw Corruption cards, including some on the expansion boards.

It's still only come up in one or two of my everything-but-Kingsport games, but that's way more than it used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
It's still only come up in one or two of my everything-but-Kingsport games, but that's way more than it used to.

Thanks for the info. I've played it twice now (all in) and still nothing relating to corruption or the cult. Hopefully soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
There are more encounters that make you a member, some of which are on expansion boards.

All of them (if any) are on the expansion boards, sonce Miskatonic doesnt give you any encounter cards for the Arkham board.
It seems to me that the chance to join the cult is still as slim as it was before, which makes the goat next to useless (if not plying with the herald from tho Goat). So, it stays at is was beforeshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game with Miskatonic and the Goat, we got it.

Miskatonic isn't a guarantee but it makes it far more likely than not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.