Subject: zombie state re-themed with a 40k flavor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Rocher
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Current Holder of FITZ the Cursing Dice!
mbmbmbmb
i am interested in re-theming zsdd for my 40k friends so they would give this game a try --- does anyone think it is possible/worth the effort??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing epic-scale minis! Sounds cool, what is the "virus"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if my gaming friends were in the position to dictate to me that every game has to be 40K, I'd waste no time in finding new gaming friends.

It's supposed to be about the games - not about twisting every flavor of game into vanilla.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Rocher
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
there is no virus ---- your civs get converted into rebellious units or xenos units according to the random card you draw at the beginning of the game to represent your threat in your sector of space. and due to the particular threat maybe one corresponding technology would be useless against them.

the re-theme in this case would allow those who dont necessarily choose to play a zombie game, actually play this game and find out how wonderful it is

i only bought it because a friend of mine who will have nothing to do with zombie games, was forced to play with his friends or drive back across town to go home and found that this game is unlike his expectations --- when he told me he liked it and would not only play it again but would buy it -- I was sold, and since then (3 weeks) it is the only game i have played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could easily see something similar for 40K. Nations would instead be planets in a sector. The zed threat most likely would come from Tyrannid, Necron, or Chaos out of a sudden warp storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Rocher
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
me too, but how best to apply the different attack styles and responses to the differing threats ---- im looking for ideas

shoot me an geekmail if you want to discuss/hammer out this more fully

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian cam
United Kingdom
Staines
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeloftus wrote:
I'm seeing epic-scale minis! Sounds cool, what is the "virus"?

Presumably the 'taint of chaos'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.