Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: An added rule to slow the game down a bit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Petree

Soddy Daisy
Tennessee
msg tools
I really enjoy this game alot, however i feel that some games can end rather quick..my solution is a simple hit, and then wound system.

1. Roll attack dice as normal (say you get 5 hits outta 7 dice)
2. Roll the 5 dice that were hits again
3. Any repeat hits are considered wounds and are removed from play

Its the whole "you hit them, but did you kill them" system that Warmachine uses in their miniature games.

Sustained attack works as normal where you get to reroll your misses but you do not get to reroll your wounds

I have not yet tried this out, but i dont see why it wouldnt work well and seem a little more realistic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really downpowers weapons with limited shots, since it will take more shots to kill the enemy overall, but the limited ammo weapons won't get to fire any more often.

Personally, I like how fast and destructive Dust Tactics is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Petree

Soddy Daisy
Tennessee
msg tools
Well you could always make them the exception to this rule making them that much stronger in a way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree that the speed of play is a plus.. War is dangerous... we ain't sportin' no Nerf guns!

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McFarland
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
Wow, yeah first time ive ever heard a suggestion to slow the game down. Our gamers love the fast pace and lapping the 40k games next to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think I like the idea, by rolling again you are increasing the time of a game three-fold. A Pounder on sustained would normally cause 3 wounds on a Ludwig, this will now be 1 wound, so it would take half of a games 8 tuns just to kill 1 enemy model.
Any depleted units probably won't hit anything.

Also, is reducing casualties more realistic? Take the recon unit, 10 dice against an enemy target, 3-4 hits with an LMG and 4 automatic rifles against a target at short range in the open - seems realistic to me.

And there is another big knock-on effect, cover. Especially now we have Seelow and buildings there is plenty of cover, target a unit and cover and the hits will be pretty much zero for anything. Again, the Recon, lets say on sustained fire you are looking at 5 or 6 hits, make your re-roll making it 2 hits and a hard cover save, might not even be 1 hit.

If you want longer games, get bigger armies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.