Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game. Seemed ok at first, then I got my hands on silver fields (+1 coin per matching terrain even in decline), the holy hand grenade (sorcerer power), froggy's ring, and ghost tomb (region immunity). I was able to keep the silver fields with the ghost tomb and using the holy hand grenade sometimes. I steam rolled my opponent. It seemed really one sided. Froggy's ring was just insult to injury.

When using the holy hand grenade, it is placed in the targeted region, correct?

Any limit on number of relics in a region?

Can relics (and mobile places) be moved anywhere in your territory?

What about non contiguous territories?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
why would anyone let you control all those places?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relics and places are nice.. but they also put a big bullseye on those regions. The ghost is nice to make one relic/place invulnerable, but you still need to defend 2 other regions in your example, or at least devote tokens reinforcing them that could be used elsewhere. And once you go into decline it's much easier for your opponent to get them since you usually don't want to attack your own in decline race. This little new addition really does require some different thinking than in the original.

Agreed, if you're lucky in a 2p game it could be tough to beat some combos if you claim them first and can defend, but usually (especially multiplayer) they tend to change hands a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also;

-that is how we interpreted it in our games

Any limit on number of relics in a region?

-no number restriction, only specific ones (ie, the ghost can't occupy it's controlling place)

-relics should occupy the region they were last used on, in most cases you can't reinforce them where you would like (except for ones like the ring, etc).

-What about them? Unless the relic has a power like the flying carpet, adjacency rules still apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I mean about noncontiguous is if I have two territories, that are not connected, can I move a relic from one in the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar Iceblood
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
What I mean about noncontiguous is if I have two territories, that are not connected, can I move a relic from one in the other?

of course.

Just like you can use tokens from 1 territory to attack adjacents territories in your other territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:

Yes, same as all other attacking relics.

Quote:

Froggy's Ring and the Sceptre of Avarice can. The other relics are offensive and will only move when used to conquer. There are no mobile places.

Quote:

Makes no difference in SW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to say hold on a minute, Crypt of the Tomb Raider is a mobile place. After re-reading the rules though, I see what was wrong. I didn't realize there was an additional token, and had been moving the crypt itself. Having the immune region (ghost) separate from the controlling region (tomb) is a big deal, and something I wasn't doing.

This, combined with not using the ring or hand grenade correctly (I was placing them in the attacking region, not the conquered region) goes a long way to explaining our uneven game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.