Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Newbie Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Knutson
United States
Holden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played our first game of Small World tonight, but some questions arose:

1. If a race has the "flying" attribute do they have to enter in from the side or can they attack any space as their first move?

2. What defines a non-empty space? For instance, what if there's a mountain there? What about a lost tribe?

3. If you have Ghouls in decline, do they use the reinforcement die if they don't have enough tiles to attack an adjacent space? Also, if another player attacks Ghouls in decline, let's say a space with 3 Ghoul tiles, what happens to those tiles? I know at least one goes back into the container, but what about the other two? Do they get redeployed even though they're in decline or do they all 3 get tossed back into the container?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
kjell1979 wrote:
So we played our first game of Small World tonight, but some questions arose:

1. If a race has the "flying" attribute do they have to enter in from the side or can they attack any space as their first move?

FAQ says yes, any region.

Quote:
2. What defines a non-empty space? For instance, what if there's a mountain there? What about a lost tribe?

Unoccupied would have been the better term. So it relates to living beings. So a mountain with nothing else is still unoccupied but one with a lost tribe is occupied. Therefore, they are empty, and non-empty, respectively.

Quote:
3. If you have Ghouls in decline, do they use the reinforcement die if they don't have enough tiles to attack an adjacent space? Also, if another player attacks Ghouls in decline, let's say a space with 3 Ghoul tiles, what happens to those tiles? I know at least one goes back into the container, but what about the other two? Do they get redeployed even though they're in decline or do they all 3 get tossed back into the container?

Yes, just like a normal active race, the In Decline Ghouls roll a reinforcement die at the end of the turn. Those not returned to the box are redeployed as normal too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
So it relates to living beings.


I think the Skeletons and Ghouls would take offense to being referred to as "living beings".

I am sure that had they used that term, someone here would have wondered if the undead races would be included.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
So it relates to living beings.


I think the Skeletons and Ghouls would take offense to being referred to as "living beings".

I am sure that had they used that term, someone here would have wondered if the undead races would be included.

Animated, whatever. "Unoccupied" still would have been a better term overall and avoided this common question of "non-empty."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.