Popular Tags: [View All]
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The box cover says a game by Jay Little, but the BBG entry says Konieczka and Lang are the designers; which is right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
zemus wrote:
The box cover says a game by Jay Little, but the BBG entry says Konieczka and Lang are the designers; which is right?

I believe Little designed it, as shown on the most released cover pic. Perhaps Konieczka and Lang were slotted to do so (when the game entry was first created) and then took on other projects. Also, Konieczka is the lead designer at FFG, so I think he has a hand in all games now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
zemus wrote:

Jay Little is the designer, and I've corrected the game listing to reflect this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Who is Jay Little anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

The designer of Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed it was Jason Little who is involved with Fantasy Flight's Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Perhaps he has branched out to work on other Games Workshop-related games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
lfisher wrote:

The designer of Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game!

ROTFLMAO....

Thanks...I needed that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
I assumed it was Jason Little who is involved with Fantasy Flight's Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Perhaps he has branched out to work on other Games Workshop-related games.

Jason Little is credited with the Horned Rat expansion of Chaos in the Old World. From my playtesting with FFG, this was designed by Jay Little as well. So I believe we are talking about the same person and those two designer entries should be merged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Easley
United States
Hanna City
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't vouch for his design sensibilities, but Jay Little is a tremendously enjoyable person to game with, has tremendous enthusiasm for the hobby, and is the original founder of Geekway to the West, a fantastic board gaming convention in St. Louis. I am sure that anyone who has ever had the pleasure of sitting at the table with Jay will attest to these statements. He ran the convention up until 3 years ago or so, when left the St. Louis area to work at FFG in the Twin Cities area.

That probably didn't help you figure out what this game would be like, but I figured I would try to answer the question, "Who is Jay Little"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses!
Someone should interview this guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
ColtsFan76 wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:

Jason Little is credited with the Horned Rat expansion of Chaos in the Old World. From my playtesting with FFG, this was designed by Jay Little as well. So I believe we are talking about the same person and those two designer entries should be merged.

After hearing from FFG, I've changed the listing to Jason Little and will delete the other one since it had no info other than being attached to this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually might be interested in this title now that Corey is not involved. I also love Chaos in the Old world and the horned rat expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Most of his pedigree prior to Fantasy Flight was:

- a designer for MLB Clix

- a RPG author, which continues with the Warhammer RPG at FF

- one of the most notable and prolific Geek List authors the Geek as ever seen. Check his profile. Most of the current Geek List styles are patterned after many of his creations.

- a co-founder of Geek Way to the West: A midwestern board gaming convention that set the gold standard long before the inception of BGG.Con.

At one point he posted something to the effect that he was spending too much time on BGG and has all but disappeared since then. Looks like he had his priorities in order after all

He's also a huge Blood Bowl fan, rating it a 9.5, saying:

Quote:
the best game to build a league around. a single game has tons of strategy, while luck still plays a large part. however, in a league setting, this game really shines as your team and players improve. would be a "10" if played in a league setting... drops a bit if played as one-offs, since you're missing out on so much of what the game has to offer. I think a few of the teams are a bit imbalanced and cumbersome for casual play (I'm talking about you, Nurgle!) and it can be difficult keeping up with rules changes and tweaks, even with the excellent Living Rulebook available -- those are the only things that keep Blood Bowl from being a Perfect 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
lfisher wrote:

- one of the most notable and prolific Geek List authors the Geek as ever seen. Check his profile. Most of the current Geek List styles are patterned after many of his creations.

- a co-founder of Geek Way to the West: A midwestern board gaming convention that set the gold standard long before the inception of BGG.Con.

At one point he posted something to the effect that he was spending too much time on BGG and has all but disappeared since then. Looks like he had his priorities in order after all

Quote:
the best game to build a league around. a single game has tons of strategy, while luck still plays a large part. however, in a league setting, this game really shines as your team and players improve. would be a "10" if played in a league setting... drops a bit if played as one-offs, since you're missing out on so much of what the game has to offer. I think a few of the teams are a bit imbalanced and cumbersome for casual play (I'm talking about you, Nurgle!) and it can be difficult keeping up with rules changes and tweaks, even with the excellent Living Rulebook available -- those are the only things that keep Blood Bowl from being a Perfect 10

I just want to know if Jay Little is a good card game designer ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Xscreamist wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Quote:

That remains to be seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Xscreamist wrote:

Well Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (3rd Edition) has been well received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Little is also, I believe a CCG and LCG tournament player and winner. I think he worked on some of the other FFG card game expansions.

I am excited to play this title, and have been. While I'm not a big card gamer, I've been looking for an FFG one to pick up.

While Cthulhu was not my cup of tea, and I haven't had the chance to try Game of Thrones of Warhammer Invasion (but have checked the rules out), this may be bout right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.