Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just getting into full ASL and am looking for different scenarios, not necessarily MMP produced, but anything that might have been made that's usable with the maps from Beyond Valor. It may help others as well to have a list of links to locations that might have them.

Please note, I'm not looking for bootleg copies of official material, just links to sites that may have produced their own and offer free, or ones that offer sample scenarios, etc.

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly what you are looking for, but ASLwebdex is a good source:

http://www.aslwebdex.net/wiki/index.php?title=Scenarios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, that's exactly the sort of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also check out

http://www.vftt.co.uk/index.asp

a fanzine with a lot of free and interesting articles and scenarios in PDF format.

Best regards

Mixo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also the "ASL Classics" book that is free to download from MMP's website. Pretty sure most of them can be played with just Beyond Valor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
There is also the "ASL Classics" book that is free to download from MMP's website. Pretty sure most of them can be played with just Beyond Valor.

If I am not mitaken you can play NONE of these, as the classics are mostly old SL scenarios converted into ASL, hence it uses low board numbers only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

If I am not mitaken you can play NONE of these, as the classics are mostly old SL scenarios converted into ASL, hence it uses low board numbers only.

BV 3rd Ed came with board 1-5. Guess I just assumed that was the version the OP had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

All the original Squad Leader boards (1 to 4) as well as board 5 from the old Cross of Iron are in the current edition of Beyond Valor, so the scenarios using the low board numbers and which involve Germans vs Soviets are playable with BV alone.

Edit: beaten to the punch by Joshua!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, many thanks all. This should keep me busy for a good while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Mixo wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

BV 3rd Ed came with board 1-5. Guess I just assumed that was the version the OP had.

Thanks for enlightening me and sorry for trying to correct you. I did not even know that there was a third edition. I own the first edition and knew that the 2nd edition included Beyond Valor. Somehow I always thought that it'd be a mistake to include a full blown campaign game in the "first" ASL box. (which is by now the starter kits)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.