Subject: Re-arranging Center Row cards allowed with that monster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played one game with the expansion to date. I remember when one group played with the base game, as cards went into the Center Row, we put monsters on one side, non-monsters to another, sorted by ascending power/rune cost from the center.

There's a monster in RotF (Gombai? Goomba like Super Mario Bros.!) that says when you kill it, you may also banish a (or both?) cards next to it in the Center Row. B/c of this mechanic, would it be deemed illegal to reorder the cards in the Center Row as described above?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah pretty much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
badge
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenous Gorph. Yeah, that guy is one of my favorite monsters in Ascension so far (my favorite being unpublished as of yet!) Eats 2 when he CIP, eats 1 when he's defeated.

We typically just deal out the 6 center row cards (starting furthest away from the portal deck and go from there; no rearranging needed.

If you want a little added tension, however, try playing with 2 rows of 3. The gorph has the possibility of eating 3 cards that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious - CIP?

Comes into Play, never mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.