Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended Setups rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Wishart
United States
Danville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I've done some looking and haven't located anything yet, but are there any good kingdom card setups that people keep. I generally like the ones presented in the various manuals, but they include just that set +Base or +Intrigue.

I'm curious to compile some great setups using all of the expansions, or at least more than just two.

If there's already such a list, I'd appreciate any link(s) to them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion Deck Builder might be a good place for you to start. Note that the site denotes some setups as randomly generated, and some as custom designed. (The latter would be what you are looking for, it sounds like.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually each rule book for each expansion comes with some setups. But I'm curious as well if anyone has any other 10 Kingdom card setups they like that are NOT in the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bach
United States
Rocky Hill
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I'm Bach!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule books tend toward combinations with only the base set plus the expansion the rule book is for. They don't give 3+ set combos.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wishasc wrote:
I've done some looking and haven't located anything yet, but are there any good kingdom card setups that people keep. I generally like the ones presented in the various manuals, but they include just that set +Base or +Intrigue.

I'm curious to compile some great setups using all of the expansions, or at least more than just two.

If there's already such a list, I'd appreciate any link(s) to them.



There's a website where people post them and rate them.


http://dominiondeck.com


I posted this one that focuses on Counting House. (another good card to include in the setup would be Chancelor)

http://dominiondeck.com/games/copper-house



And because someone is going to say it:
A lot of people just build a random setup and see what happens.

Personally I like to try it both ways. Or a mixture.


I suggest picking a card like Gardens and then picking some cards to work with it and maximize it.


Or you can create a themed setup like a Star Trek theme (with card ideas and names that remind you of Star Trek) OR a Harry Potter theme.


Another interesting one I just thought of recently is cards that seek. Adventurer, Venture, Golem, Farming Village, and Fortune Teller. I can't remember if there are more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wishart
United States
Danville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm familiar with and use the iPhone app to generate random sets or just use the randomizer cards, but that tends toward 1 or 2 reasonable strategies, or just a gold rush.

I like some of the things I see on dominiondeckbuilder. The top rated and most played lists seem mostly decent.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've also never thought about focusing on a card and then trying to fill in cards that may work with it. Good thought..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lab Gnome
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
wishasc wrote:
I'm familiar with and use the iPhone app to generate random sets or just use the randomizer cards, but that tends toward 1 or 2 reasonable strategies, or just a gold rush.

I like some of the things I see on dominiondeckbuilder. The top rated and most played lists seem mostly decent.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've also never thought about focusing on a card and then trying to fill in cards that may work with it. Good thought..


Another idea I have toyed with is take a card that is generally considered overpowered and make a theme where it only does alright or worse. It can be hard to come up with in some scenarios but make some interesting setups.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its all good, but personally i prefer the good ol' randomizer method.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i use dominionKD for the iphone.

its a free program and works pretty well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
i use dominionKD for the iphone.

its a free program and works pretty well.


I wish I had an iPhone. There are so many apps for random generation and for score keeping these days.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.