Subject: A Good Online Store in UK? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

I've been dealing with CoolStuffinc.com and MiniatureMarket.com I liked their services and prices. But was wondering if there's an online store in UK as good as the ones I mentioned specially in terms of prices and game archive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/UK_faq

There's a good starting point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks Chris. The list is long, first link is a broken link. Second link the online shop is under construction and the third one is really not that good. I just want someone to recommend an online store from UK based on their personal experience. Something good and trust worthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nigel stock
United Kingdom
thornton heath
surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have used GamesLore and found them very good

www.gameslore.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
nigelstock wrote:
I have used GamesLore and found them very good

www.gameslore.com

Thanks Nigel

I book marked the website unfortunately a lot of "out of stock" titles, I'm open for other suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Secondchancegames, IGUK, Waylandgames, Maelstrom and Boardgameguru.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those I have personally tried or discussed with others, Gameslore does seem to be the best (well, I would push mine but I don't think it's what you're looking for ) so I would have to second Nigel's suggestion. (plus Paul is a genuinely nice guy)

Boardgameguru does get a lot of praise on here although I haven't used them personally (& I believe that was one you looked at & weren't sold)

The others I've come across have either been a bit pricey or a bit lacking for my needs

Out of curiosity, why are you looking at places in the UK? Is it for things you can't get easily over there or for people across here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
mmotomb wrote:
I book marked the website(gameslore) unfortunately a lot of "out of stock" titles

I feel as if this is a problem with the games industry not the outlets.

Many games will only be around for finite periods of time. Get them while you can. If its out of print or if a site has sold all their copies and can't order more... well that's just part of the boardgame hobby.

I use:

No1: Gameslore had great exp with them: [Uk] Games Lore Praise

No2: IGUK

No3:Heron Games:

particularly for their offers: http://www.fwtwr.com/store/special-offers.asp

No4: The Games Player

The problem with the first two is that they are market leaders and so will have copies of most recent games but will also be the first to sell out of them. At this point I search for secondhand copies, tiny online stores or ring round local stores that don't sell online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I would unreservedly recommend boardgameguru as well - first rate service from Paul and he seems to have a better selection of games every time I go back and browse the site (and subsequently get told off by my wife). When one of my games got lost in the post, never to be seen again, he gave me a full refund on the nail.

I've had one poor experience with IGUK so don't use them any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm the first to admit that we don't have a huge range of stock (like our competitors) we certainly have stock

Red Dice Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike V
United Kingdom
South Brent
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another big thumbs up for boardgameguru. Nothing but excellent experiences here, and quite good in terms of price and special offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for boardgameguru.

I've also used IGUK and Gameslore before and they were good. Haven't tried http://boardgameclub.co.uk/ anyone got exp with them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had very good experience with Green Knight Games and so-so with Maelstorm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
arcweldx wrote:
Another big thumbs up for boardgameguru. Nothing but excellent experiences here, and quite good in terms of price and special offers.

I used them to buy things for my target for SS last year. A very good experience. They have lots of titles and good specials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.shiregames.com are excellent. Nick the owner is very knowledgeable, personable and approachable. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found http://www.leisuregames.com/ good and very friendly. They are also a retail shop in North London so I tend to buy from them if the price is competitive. I've never had a problem with IGUK or any other site I've used, so I still tend to shop around. With postage some games can vary up to £15+ in price. I never use Amazon because all they do is link to another site and stick a premium on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

Thumbs up for Boardgame Guru! Cheaper prices and big game collection.

RedDice and Leisure Games look like good substitutes. Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Eeg Ejrnæs Nielsen
Denmark
Værløse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing but praise for the selection, prices and service of Paul Lister and boardgameguru. I have not used another "dealer" since I found him a few years back and while that has cost me thousands of £ the pleasure and fun have also been immeasurable.

The one time he had forgotten a game in a shipment, he immediately sent me the game free of charge bonus game no extra cost.

Also he is easy to talk to and very helpful regarding what games to buy and when he gets games back in stock.

Infinite amount of thumbs-up for the Guru!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
These 3 are my favourites to deal with (in no particular order):
www.boardgameguru.co.uk
www.gameslore.com
www.shiregames.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[geekurl=www.boardgameguru.co.uk]Boardgameguru[/geekurl] is the one you are after.

I could not recommend this guy enough. VERY prompt service, excellent prices, uber knowledgeable and a gamer himself. More than just a "generic" retail site as well with comments, various lists and a blog. Good stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.