Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I want to tell you that I live overseas and I have a friend that can order two games for me with a budget of $70-$80 and brings it with him when he visits and the rest I can buy it localy at a store that carries FFG products

What I found on BGG was three racing games I want to get but I can't decide among them because they both play the same

Formula D
Road Kill Rally
Rush n Crush

they all sound good to me, and I seen the video reviews and they are a lot of fun but I cannot buy them localy at a store. these games I must order through amazon

The other 7 games I want to get are (and the ones that are highlighted in bold are available to purchase at a local store but there's only one copy)

Runebound
Arkham Horror
Dungeonquest
Earth Reborn
Mansions of Madness
Dungeon run (hasn't been release yet)
Dungeon Twister fire & water expansion

Now some of the games listed are too big and too heavy for my friend to take with him overseas like ER, mansions of madness, and AH

I can be able to order runebound and Dungonquest which I can play solo, but I'm still waiting for DQ to be available at this store as featured on their website. I could just buy both of them here.

However; Formula D, RKR and R n C can only be purchase online and according to the price tag of the games, I promise my friend that I won't go over budget and buy games that are small and light enough to fit in a luggage

I also mentioned about Dungeon Twister's Fire & Water Expansion. I can only buy that online

To conclude my thread, I like to know everyone's opinons, feedback and experience you have about playing the ten games I've mentioned. This way it will save me time decisions and not spend hours deciding what to get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
between Arkham Horror and Mansions of Madness, go with Arkham Horror.

Happy Gaming!
tubbs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot solo Mansions Of Madness effectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
I want to tell you that I live overseas and I have a friend that can order two games for me with a budget of $70-$80 and brings it with him when he visits and the rest I can buy it localy at a store that carries FFG products

What I found on BGG was three racing games I want to get but I can't decide among them because they both play the same

Formula D

Runebound

Formula D is a blast and plays upwards of 8, very light.

Runbound is long and fun. Closest thing to an adventure in D&D in a boardgame. Not the dungeon devling bits but the adventuring bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound and Arkham Horror would both be good choices. Arkham is considerably heavier and longer than Runebound. Both are good games, and play well solo, you just have to decide how large of a table you want to tie up, and for how long. You'll likely need to play multiple characters to succeed in Arkham Horror, whereas Runebound doesn't make sense with more than one character per player, as it isn't really a cooperative game.

A lot of folks seem to share the sentiment that Runebound actually gets less satisfying and more tedious the more players you have, so it may in fact play best solo (or perhaps with a small number of players who are experienced enough with the game to play at a quick pace).

I've heard Dungeonquest feels kind of like "roll the dice and see if you've died yet", so my hunch is that it wouldn't be that great solo, since you can't enjoy schadenfreude at the expense of the other players. But it does come with characters you can also use in Runebound or Descent, so that's cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not recommend Mansions of Madness - not playable solo (part of the game is hidden information) and long setup times for group play.

I will echo some other posters and recommend Runebound and Arkham Horror.

Arkham Horror can be somewhat complex, but has great theme and is playable all the way from solo to larger groups. You will never play the same way twice, there is a large amount of variety - different investigators, different Ancient Ones, and lots and lots of common items, unique items and spells.

Runebound is more the RPG experience - very playable solo, and I think it drags with larger groups. We like to play with the Doom Track which forces the players to speed up rather than stay at safe level of encounters.

Good luck with your purchases!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I also asked about Formula D, Road Kill Rally and Rush n Crush. I want to know what you all think of those games, what's your feedback, your experience and can they be played solo

Maybe I should order and get these three games instead of Runebound, Dungeonquest (what am I saying, I want DQ) and arkham horror because I cannot buy these racing games localy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see how Earth Reborn could be played solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.