3 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Mandatory Event Cards and naval movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Po
Italy
flag msg tools
1) The Mandatory Event Cards with condition can be played as the condition is not active? In this case I only gain the CPs but the event doesnt go? If there aren't the condition can I keep them for the next turn?

2) In naval movement, if I would move a ship to another port in the same region I spend 1 CP, right? If I would move in a port of an adjacent region I spent 1 or 2 CPs?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lord_capulet wrote:
1) The Mandatory Event Cards with condition can be played as the condition is not active? In this case I only gain the CPs but the event doesnt go? If there aren't the condition can I keep them for the next turn?

Mandatory Events must be played on the turn you draw them. The only two with preconditions are Schmalkaldic League and Master of Italy. With the League, if the precondition is not met, you ignore the event, use the 2 CP, and put it in the discard pile so it comes back into the deck. Master of Italy goes into the discard no matter what. You can never hold a Mandatory Event in your hand from one turn to the next (see the top left of page 8).

Quote:
2) In naval movement, if I would move a ship to another port in the same region I spend 1 CP, right? If I would move in a port of an adjacent region I spent 1 or 2 CPs?

If your squadron is in a sea zone, you can enter a friendly port connected to that sea zone for 1 CP. If your destination port is connected to an adjacent sea zone, it takes 2 CP to get there--1 to move to the adjacent sea zone, then 1 more to enter the port. Similarly, if your squadron starts in a port but you wanted to move it to a different port connected to the same sea zone, it requires 2 CP: 1 to move out of port to the sea zone, 1 to move into the other port (or just let it sit in the sea zone until winter and dock it in the port you want for free when naval units return).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Po
Italy
flag msg tools
Thank you. All clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.