Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I know a geeklist has to exist for this somewhere, but damned if I can find it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First you need to decide whether to have "Table Nibbles" or take a break for food. If you take a break, nearly anything will fly. Just make sure people have a place to wash up and you've got plenty of napkins. For table nibbles, I'd stick to the dryer snacks. Try small pretzels or goldfish crackers for the salty,trail mix or M&M's for a sweet. Again have plenty of napkins available. The two to avoid at the table would be grease (Chips, pizza, etc.) and artificial colorings (the "dust" from Doritos, Cheese puffs, etc.), so flavored chips (both greasy and powder coated) are right out!

edit: Also keep the snacks bite size. This helps keep crumbs, which may stain, away from the game components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your ideas, Steve.

In the absence of such a list - maybe we should construct one?

One that is a slam-dunk in our group is Twizzlers.

Anybody have any others that are nearly bulletproof snacks for at the table?

Thanks again for your collective wisdom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison dlr
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of grapes. I take them all off them stem, wash them, put them in a big bowl, and then keep them in the fridge until game time. It always goes over really well... they're bite sized, juicy (so no need for drinks on the table), and healthy. No crumbs or grease to worry about.

For salty, those soy-glazed rice crackers from asian markets work well too. They don't crumble and the glaze keeps your hands from getting dirty handling them. Of course, you should always have some napkins on hand too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a house rule that no drinks are allowed on the gaming table. I set up little tables around the seating area for setting of drinks and sundries. But I don't have a regualar snack food from time to time... probably should though.

Honestly, most of the gaming I've done we don't snack during the gaming, just have the drinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my view, the only safe snacks and drinks are those that are in another room. And you get the added bonus of exercise to go and get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think pretzels are fine - plain, no dips.
NO!
NO!
Maybe
NO!
And if this is going on around the table, definitely no!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheezies! but you must play orange games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Cheetos are safe. Bring them out and you won't have problems with food and boardgames ever again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.