Subject: sale by dragons of shares with 50% in open market? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bas van der Meer
Netherlands
Oegstgeest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules yesterday, but I couldn't find a clear answer on the following situation:

If, at the beginning of a stock round 50% of the shares of a company are already in the open market, will the dragons be able to sell shares of that company? (if that company is in the red zone)

Similar, if for example 40% of the shares are in the open market, and the dragons hold two 10% shares, will they sell both shares, or only 10%?

(I would assume that the 50% rule always should be enforced, so no sale above 50% by the dragons, but I couldn't find this)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
badge
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.
None can exceed the 50% limit of the Bank Pool (also known as the Open Market), not even the Dragons. They just sell up to the 50% limit and retain any remaining certificate. Of course, should room be available in the Bank Pool later in the round, they will sell those certificates in the red at the next useful occasion.
I added your question to the FAQ
http://www.ilgotha.org/1865/1865_faq.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.