Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some advance word-- S.M.G. will be appearing at the "World Boardgaming Championships" (aka "WBC") in early August. While the game is not part of the WBC competition, of course, we'll still be having demos and should have ample copies of Day of Days for sale there.
More info as it comes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a grand time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone that wants to play in open gaming at WBC with me. Drop me a line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, Jeff.

Why not schedule a couple times that work well for you so that you could take 4 or 6 players at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just to restate and clarify the offer...

Jeff Billings, the designer of Sergeants Miniatures Game will be at WBC early in the week, doing demos of the game.

While the weekend will certainly be a busy time for walk-ups to get in, if you'd like to see the game and play it during the week, send Jeff a message at jeff.billings@lostbattalion.com And put something clever like, "play SMG at WBC" in the subject line. He'll be glad to work something out with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morgan
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
No more Cats on BGG
badge
No Beer makes Homer something something
mbmbmbmbmb
I just play this game and I was impressed. Great game. I'll be posting a review soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, Justin. Was it your game you played or someone else's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing SMG in open gaming here at WBC. While I was playing - Master Game Designer and Convention Director - Don Greenwood stopped by to take a look at the game.
I was very interested in his take on Sergeants Miniatures Game since he was the designer of "Up Front!", one my favorite games. He actually said something that I was pleased to hear. (For those who don't know Don he is not known for exuberance.) He said, “…it looked pretty good.”
From Don, I count that a memorable moment, and a great personal victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A post from WBC
Picked up this post from the CsW forum.

Quote:
Chris Easter - Aug 6, 2011 8:11 am (#29 Total: 30)

WBC Sergeants

My son was able to stop by the demo table on Wednesday and got hooked. Yesterday we bought Day of Days as well as extra packs to increase our game play and participants. I was finally able to sit down at the demo table last night and play and hope to break out my own set in the open gaming room today.

Simple, fun system with TOP quality components. I am really impressed with the quality of the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.