Popular Tags: [View All]
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Is "pass" a valid option during my turn? In our first games, we had situations where we had nothing to play (only had grabs and/or blocks). Do we just pass? Also, can we pass is we do have stuff we can play (like a kick or strike)?

2) Can I partially block an attack? If my opponent plays an Expert Strike (2 strikes), can I play a Basic Block (1 block) and only take 1 point of damage?

3) If my opponent plays Grab/Throw/Throw, can I play Grab/Block to negate 1 of the 3 points of damage, or do I need to play a Grab/Block/Block to block it at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kowalski
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Greetings Fu Fighter Peterson -

Thank you for your interest in Cookie Fu! Let me see if I can answer a few of your questions here:

>1) Is "pass" a valid option during my turn? In our first games, we had situations where we had nothing to play (only had grabs and/or blocks). Do we just pass? Also, can we pass is we do have stuff we can play (like a kick or strike)?

Yes, you may pass anytime it comes to be your turn. Remember, if any one player passes, the round is over. You can certainly pass to see what your opponent will do, or if your saving something up, etc. It's up to you.

2) 2) Can I partially block an attack? If my opponent plays an Expert Strike (2 strikes), can I play a Basic Block (1 block) and only take 1 point of damage?

There is no "expert strike", it's just a "strike". Do not confuse the icon color with the amount of damage done. A yellow strike vs. a green, white, or orange strike all do the same damage. 1 point.

So, if your opponent attacks you with 2 strikes, you can easily block 1 and then take the remaining point of damage. Some "Cookie Fu Moves" require that you block ALL attacks or suffer additional effects, but those are handled on a individual basis.

>3) If my opponent plays Grab/Throw/Throw, can I play Grab/Block to negate 1 of the 3 points of damage, or do I need to play a Grab/Block/Block to block it at all?

Check out #6 under the FU DICE on the rules menu. You would just need a Grab/Block to negate it as it is just a weak Grab.

If your going to Gencon - be sure to stop by booth #1923 and talk with the Grandmaster ~ I'll see ya there! ^__^

Keep Fighting,
Brian Kowalski

BLUE KABUTO
www.bluekabuto.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.