United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Several years ago I stopped playing and collecting SWM. I was about 2/3 of the way to my playset of The Force Unleashed. I was just tired of collecting what seemed to be an endless line of figures.

But now that the game has been discontinued, I now know exactly how many pieces will be left to obtain. And with the recent blowouts at Five Below and Target, I've been finding myself buying boosters once more (fortunately, my booster pulling luck hasn't abandoned me; a single Force Unleashed booster held a Felucian on Rancor at a local Target).

I obtained full playsets of the first 7 sets (1 of each Unique, 2 of each non-unique VR, 3 of each non-unique R, 5 of each U, 10 of each C).

But with the remaining sets:

AT-AT Imperial Walker Colossal Pack: seeking 2 packs
Attack On Endor: seeking 4 sets
Rebels and Imperials: I own none
Force Unleashed: missing about 1/3 of a playset
The Battle of Hoth: seeking 2 or more sets
Legacy of the Force: I own none
Knights of the Old Republic: I own none
The Clone Wars: I've purchased 6 boosters and the starter
Imperial Entanglements: missing about 1/3 of a playset
Map Packs: I own none
Jedi Academy: missing about 1/2 of a playset
Galaxy at War: I've purchased 3 boosters
Dark Times: I own none
Masters of the Force: I own none

I'm aware Rebels and Imperials is a reprint set. But I would like to get at least the non-uniques in the quantities I collect for the normal sets.

So, where can I go to for affordable ways of obtaining packs and cases? I'm also up for trading, once I can consolidate my spares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You already know about Target and 5 Below, which are the best bet. Ebay, Miniature Market, CoolStuffInc, and Bloomilk.com's Trading forum are the other options.

Lucky for you, you already have a playset for the most expensive sets: Bounty Hunters and Clone Strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I've checked a few sites for singles prices. Which ones are generally considered reliable market values? Or which are best suited to compare relative values for trading with others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
The above sites are what I would suggest too.

As for reliable prices, Miniature Market is about right for straight buys. But eBay (ignoring Buy It Now's) shows what people are really willing to pay IMHO. I've not bought any in 12 months so I'm not sure of the actual going prices myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, I don't think there is any standard pricing. With so many people getting out of the game right now and selling their collections, plus the Target clearance, ebay prices are all over the map. Sometimes things slip through for next to nothing, other times they get close to the old market value. CSI/Miniature Market (and any other re-seller) have buy lists that are probably pretty good for trading values, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
And not to reveal my favorite source (in case they get something I wish to hoard!) you really should check out Troll & Toad. Seems like at present they and Miniature Market are the 2 best sources of sealed product, while CSI joins them when it comes to singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.