some guy
msg tools
Hi everybody, I have 2 quick questions.

1. Can you use consolidate power tokens in area's that do not contain crowns in order to gain 1 power token?

2. When Mustering occurs, can everybody muster at the same time or is this done 1 player at a time in the order given by the Iron Throne trail? This would make a big difference. What if 2 players would want to muster a ship in the same sea area?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
someguy2 wrote:

Hi! Welcome to BGG.

someguy2 wrote:
1. Can you use consolidate power tokens in area's that do not contain crowns in order to gain 1 power token?

Yes.
someguy2 wrote:
2. When Mustering occurs, can everybody muster at the same time or is this done 1 player at a time in the order given by the Iron Throne trail? This would make a big difference. What if 2 players would want to muster a ship in the same sea area?

Iron Throne order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
someguy2 wrote:

Yes - the crown on the token counts as that "one".

someguy2 wrote:

Mustering is done in Iron Throne order.

(EDIT: Ninja'd!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some guy
msg tools
Thanks!
About question 2 though, that would implicate that being high on the Iron Throne trail actually means having a disadvantage, being that lower players could base their mustering decisions on those of players before them right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
someguy2 wrote:
Thanks!
About question 2 though, that would implicate that being high on the Iron Throne trail actually means having a disadvantage, being that lower players could base their mustering decisions on those of players before them right?

Sometimes yes, but most often no. It's almost always better to muster first.

Edit: Specifically when involving ships and empty sea areas. If playing without ports it can be a game-breaker. Otherwise, I agree that it's a bit of a disadvantage to muster first but that's the price of the throne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some guy
msg tools
And why is that? Aside from wanting to muster a ship in the same area that another player after you might want to muster, I'd say it's a big deal to know where the players before you has put all his troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
someguy2 wrote:
And why is that? Aside from wanting to muster a ship in the same area that another player after you might want to muster, I'd say it's a big deal to know where the players before you has put all his troops.
Right after I finished typing I gave that a little more thought and yes, it's very important for sea areas but not as much for land areas. It often doesn't matter since your opponents can be supply or troop limited and there will be no real choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.