Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Martian Dice» Forums » General

Subject: coming to a smartphone near you... and android too? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw in the Eminent Domain kickstarter newsletter that martian dice is being made into an app. for iphone/ipad. This sounds fantastic and it seems this game would lend itself very well to the smartphone platform! Can we get some android love here to?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they're just looking into making it an App at the moment. TMG is looking to experiment more with Apps, and Martian Dice could be a easy game to work with next. So far, I don't think there's anything definite.

However, if you have an iPad, I'd suggest looking at Seth Jaffee's Brain Freeze. That's TMG's first iOS release - and the better that does the better chance we have to see more from them!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbonzai wrote:
I saw in the Eminent Domain kickstarter newsletter that martian dice is being made into an app. for iphone/ipad. This sounds fantastic and it seems this game would lend itself very well to the smartphone platform! Can we get some android love here to?

So far we have just begun to look for someone to port the game to iOS or Android (preferably both at the same time - I know they have tools for that, but I don't do that type of thing so I know very little about it).

We have not yet hired anybody to do this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My group loves playing Zombie Dice as kind of an end of the night filler when our brains are fried (eaten?) from more complex games. So looking forward to this. Though these games are so simple, would it actually be fun on a phone playing solo? These games only really work well when as a light filler and lots of players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
My group loves playing Zombie Dice as kind of an end of the night filler when our brains are fried (eaten?) from more complex games. So looking forward to this. Though these games are so simple, would it actually be fun on a phone playing solo? These games only really work well when as a light filler and lots of players.


If/when it comes out it would be designed with a solo mode along with pass-the-device multiplayer.

Possibly with online multiplayer, but I am unsure how great that would be for the reasons you have described.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
ScottE wrote:
My group loves playing Zombie Dice as kind of an end of the night filler when our brains are fried (eaten?) from more complex games. So looking forward to this. Though these games are so simple, would it actually be fun on a phone playing solo? These games only really work well when as a light filler and lots of players.


If/when it comes out it would be designed with a solo mode along with pass-the-device multiplayer.

Possibly with online multiplayer, but I am unsure how great that would be for the reasons you have described.

The multiplayer could be fun especially on trips and such. I've played a few pass-the-device games on a friend's iPad and those can be good fun. I really like Neuroshima Hex that way. In some ways better then the real game since it handles all the rules heavy lifting. This game would miss the tactile feel of the dice which is part of the experience but certainly an iDevice format would be good for those times you don't have it with you or the space to roll like planes, trains, and automobiles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
ScottE wrote:
My group loves playing Zombie Dice as kind of an end of the night filler when our brains are fried (eaten?) from more complex games. So looking forward to this. Though these games are so simple, would it actually be fun on a phone playing solo? These games only really work well when as a light filler and lots of players.


If/when it comes out it would be designed with a solo mode along with pass-the-device multiplayer.

Possibly with online multiplayer, but I am unsure how great that would be for the reasons you have described.

The multiplayer could be fun especially on trips and such. I've played a few pass-the-device games on a friend's iPad and those can be good fun. I really like Neuroshima Hex that way. In some ways better then the real game since it handles all the rules heavy lifting. This game would miss the tactile feel of the dice which is part of the experience but certainly an iDevice format would be good for those times you don't have it with you or the space to roll like planes, trains, and automobiles.


That is the idea.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.