Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I live outside of the US and we have a local store that sells mostly FFG boardgames as well as other thematic games. I have a wish list and I plan to buy all the games on my list. So far I have seven games to get and most of them I can get in the store (there's only one copy available for each game). They are all expensive in my country's currency and I thought that maybe I can just have my friend in America order 2 of 7 games and bring it with him when he comes for his next visit.

Now three new games are added to my list and they are all racing games but the store here does not carry them. Therefore I will have to tell my friend to order from Amazon

I already have my mind set on which two games to order out of the seven games. Now that these racing games has entered into my list, I need help to know is it better to order games you cannot gaurantee to get in stores or should I stick with my two choices and buy the rest later? If I have to go with the second choice, I cannot get those racing games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other choices besides Amazon. Post the full list of games, and perhaps US folks can help with where to get them. Also tell us the date by which your friend needs to receive the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
curtc wrote:
There are other choices besides Amazon. Post the full list of games, and perhaps US folks can help with where to get them. Also tell us the date by which your friend needs to receive the games.

Here is a list of games that I want to get from my wish list, It includes details whether I can buy it in store and how much amazon is asking for

Runebound - yes (one copy left) [$33.86 in amazon]
Arkham Horror - yes (one copy left) [$53.74 on amazon]
Dungeonquest - yes (the store is still waiting for more copies) [$34.79 on amazon]
Earth Reborn - yes (one copy left) [$65.01 on amazon]
Mansions of Madness - yes (one copy left) [$56.95 on amazon]
Dungeon Run - No (will be released in August) [no price tag yet]
Dungeon Twister Fire/Water expansion - No (must order it online) [$17.71 on amazon]

And the three new games added to my list are

Formula D - no (must order it online) [$47.88 on amazon]
Road Kill Rally - no (must order it online) [$40.88 on amazon]
Rush n Crush - no (must order it online) [$19.99 on amazon]

Now I've done research on every single game by value, price, whether I can play them in solo mode and how big the game would be for packing if my friend would take it with him when he travels to visit me in November. He can take two games and I eliminated my choices down to the bone. He has a budget between $70-$80. I would have chosen to ask my friend to order Runebound and Dungeonquest they are light and small to fit in a luggage. I thought I'd get Dungeon Twister expansion as a bonus unless my friend is willing to make an exception and pay over $100. But I went to the store and found out that I can buy all my games there except for DT

I thought I was good to go untill when I came on to BGG and went through a list of thematic games and found three racing games Formula D, Road Kill Rally and Rush n Crush.
I've check the store, they don't have those kinds of games and now I have to place my first choice on hold to make room for these three games.

I don't know what is a good idea; to order games I cannot get in store, or to go with my first decision and not get the three racing games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to get to this today. Just replying so you know I'm not ignoring you. Gotta run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered these guys who do free worldwide shipping:

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=cat&cre=bgm-ff...

They only have a small selection of boardgames, but they do carry Fantasy Flight games.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be worth noting that Formula D and Formula Dé are very nearly the same game, and the latter is likely to be *far* less expensive, if a little less 'shiny'. If that version could be tracked down (and I'm sure there's still copies out there; I got my own in February), I'm sure that it would be much easier on the budget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand your question. If the question is where to get, I generally recommend http://boardsandbits.com or http://coolstuffinc.com. All of those games should be available both places. I generally only order enough to get free shipping. There are no games on your list that I like, so if it's a question of suggesting which games to get, I can't help you there. I thought you were originally asking about where to get the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.