Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In the rules, it says that each turn, 2 English, 2 French and 2 Neutral leaders enter play. It also says that there's a limit of 2 of each type of Chevalier, and of each type of longbowman.

In my copy of the game, I have 4 English, 4 French and 4 Neutral leaders slated to come in each turn, and 4 of each type of Chevalier and longbowman. I've not yet counted all of the counters I have, but I seem to have extras? I wondered if I might have the War by Proxy scenario mixed in (I traded for this), but there are no extra rules or naval units, which are said to be part of that expansion.

If I have extras (there are no duplicates of any leader), then I'm confused about what they would be. If I don't have extras, then I'm confused about bringing in new leaders.

Am I supposed to randomly choose 2 of each type of leader to enter the game? If not, is there any way for me to know which leaders are supposed to be where, etc.?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have too many counters.

MMP realised that you might not have enough army counters, so included a second copy of one of the countersheets. However, this duplicated a bunch of specific counters. The rulebook is correct: you just ignore the duplicate Chevalier and Longbowmen.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post, but what about the extra leaders? The rules say 2 per turn per type, I've got 4 per turn per type.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two scenarios, so one set of leaders for each scenario. I can't remember off the top of my head which set goes with which - I'll look when I get home.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
1 set of leaders is for "The Lion in Winter", the other for the "Hundred Years War". One has white numbers, the other has black numbers I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hundred Years War leaders have black numbers, Lion in Winter leaders have white numbers. See the last paragraph of 16.1 on page 16 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to all who replied! I stone cold missed that in the rules. Many thanks!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls