Subject: Any San Diego area painters for hire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Thinking of getting into the game, but not very skilled in painting myself, and also lacking a place to even attempt to paint right now. Anyone near SD that can paint reasonably well for a reasonable price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solidhavok wrote:
Thinking of getting into the game, but not very skilled in painting myself, and also lacking a place to even attempt to paint right now. Anyone near SD that can paint reasonably well for a reasonable price?

Reasonably well, and reasonable price are very qualitative terms that differ radically from person to person.

What do you consider a reasonable quality? Tabletop? Showcase?
What do you consider a reasonable price? $10 per model? Retail cost of the model? $100 per model?

Defining your terms will get you a much better response.

Also, shipping a few models is not really that expensive, even from Canada. It typically costs my clients around $12 CDN to ship a packet to them, as long as it's under 2lb. That's about 6 large metal models.
Open up to having the models shipped to you will also open up a much wider commissioned painter base. You can save on some shipping by having the painter buy the models for you, as you would only have to pay to get them shipped once to you, instead of to the painter, and back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The service I've used before is paintedfigs dot com, so those would be a guide for the prices and quality level that I am looking for, however, I don't want to take the time to have the minis shipped halfway around the world, and their service is backed up a month or two at the moment as well. If you take a look at their stuff and are competitive and quick, send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My prices start at $100 per single fig, and don't paint to a lower standard than showcase/competition quality.

I currently have my bench full for the next 6+ months as it is. robot

An example of what quality I paint to:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Very nice, but out of my price and timeline for now. Maybe if I need that one masterpeice in the future....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.