Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if there are any businesses which will produce gaming mats with custom images similar to the gaming mats which coolstuffinc sells?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtsCow has large doormats that work well as playmats. They are thicker than the usual thin playmats.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used ArtsCows mousepads for a couple projects that only needed a smaller area. They both came out great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
Geohex made mine in felt but they are out of business now.

You can buy felt from a cloth store for cheap then do it your self. It takes time, patience, practice.

Kinkos can print on outdoor signage which is indestructable (and waterproof!) in full color. You can walk on it and do virually anything and it will not be damaged. I think their limit is 4'x6'.

For larger outdoor signage you can contact the larger print companies. Their prices are quite acceptable in the $400 range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There's a fabric company that will print an uploaded image onto various types of fabric, from light and heavy canvas to microsuede. They'll print it as a grid pattern, a brickwork type pattern, or just blow the whole thing up to 45" width. I think these would make great maps, mats, boards, etc. Prices seem to be in the $12-30 range, depending on the fabric.

I haven't used any of them so I won't recommend any, but if you google you'll find several vendors. Hopefully some other 'geeks can recommend a particular. It's been discussed in the forums somewhere.

I can't wait to have a suitable project...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info guys. Artscow seems to be a good choice, however their shipping prices are crazy. Are there any other places like Artscow who doesn't have insane shipping prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. Artscow seems to be a good choice, however their shipping prices are crazy. Are there any other places like Artscow who doesn't have insane shipping prices.

Weelllllll, there's a trick to Artscow. They often run free shipping coupons. Just make an account, sign up for the emails & you should get one soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.