zachary johnston
Australia
Northcote
victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Dumdidumdidumdum...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a few enemy steps reduced to fire teams.
Some are under fire, some aren't, and there are no leaders with them.
None are pinned, none are under cover, and there are no US forces on their cards.
The only option that matches this in the LAT and pinned activity check hierarchy is "2 or 3 assault or fire teams not on a US occupied card"
except for the fact they don't have a leader and therefore the option is NA...

I'm a little confused as what to do with these guys.
If it's 'NA' then is no action? Otherwise, none of the choices lower down match.

This has undoubtably been addressed in the thousands of queries for this game, but I can't find the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For that case, I think NA means to continue down the Enemy Activity Chart. If you fall off the bottom of the chart, they take no action. Tho if/when you move within range they will automatically open fire on you, of course.

Note: For the enemy LATs to attempt to reconstitute into a squad, they would need to be in the same card, I'm pretty sure (and with a leader). Never had that happen before in my games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Zachary. From the errata:

If a result is drawn on the Enemy Activity Hierarchy tables that an enemy unit cannot legally perform, and there are no alternatives listed for that result, or if there is no row that applies to the unit in its current state, then that enemy unit does nothing.

I think the bolded section (my emphasis) is the answer. But please do let me know if it isn't!

Thanks,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary johnston
Australia
Northcote
victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Dumdidumdidumdum...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that!
I ended up playing that rule, but it happened so often in my game that I thought I might have missed something
(at one point there were 4 Fire Teams sitting around taking pot shots, but you could tell their hearts weren't in the fight)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.